Cannot save settings since re-installing

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by alisterg, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisterg

alisterg Registered Member

Windows Vista recently advised me that IE was crashing due to a conflict with Nod32. It suggested that I update to the latest version of Nod32, which reportedly solved the conflict.

Forgetting that I already had the latest version of Nod32 (v3), I uninstalled Nod32, rebooted and installed v3 again.

Since re-installing v3, I am unable to save changes to Nod32 settings. I get the message "An error occurred while saving configuration. For more information about configuration, click here." The hyperlink does nothing. It doesn't make a difference what setting I attempt to change - I get the same error. I uninstalled Nod32 cleanly, so I wouldn't think there would be an issue.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have UAC enabled? Are you logged in as a user with full administrator rights? Could you check the permissions for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET registry key?

3. alisterg

alisterg Registered Member

That was it! I should have guessed UAC was interferring somehow. I was using a non-admin account. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.