Cannot install Luxor 3

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Bullbar, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullbar

Bullbar Registered Member

I purchased Luxor 3 online and it downloaded and installed okay.
    Then, my computer crashed, and I tried to install a fresh copy from Trymedia,
    but each time I go to download, it is placed into quarantine by the so-called "Smart" Security Suite. How can I re-install the game?
    I tried disabling the firewall, turning off the anti virus anti spyware on installation. As soon as I switch the anti virus on, it places the game into quarantine again. Driving meo_O

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It sounds like there might be a false positive alarm of some sort going on. Can you please tell us more information, such as the threat detected by ESET Smart Security in the Luxor 3 file?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Bullbar

Bullbar Registered Member

25/09/2008 1:42:46 AM HTTP filter file http://74.217.73.226/e=1344/b=uw7w7...877c83d0af26d6c7/r/dm/dm2/Luxor_3-v1_0-dm.exe Win32/Adware.Trymedia application connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.

Well there is one of the log files. I have submitted the file to ESET. Scanned it with totalvirus and no threats were detected.
    So far, no reply from ESET about the false positive.
    I am frustrated!:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.