cannot go to yahoo.......

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AzIaNxInFeRnO, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i dont get it... i can go to virtually any site but yahoo. everytime i try to go there, mozilla (as well as IE) pause for awhile, and eventually say its not found. i can go to yahoo fine on my other computer. i scanned this comp with Kaspersky, no viruses, and used HiJackThis to look for any abnormalties. nothing really. anyone hav any ideas?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

What is the difference between your computers? Operating systems, service packs, etc?

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you might want to make sure that yahoo is allowed in your security apps and is not blocked by something

4. well, it's definitely allowed. i can get on yahoo once every billion years >.> lol, umm but most of the time it just pauses and says its not found. umm this OS is older because for some reason i can't update it. windows update says my key is invalid or something. i didn't install this OS tho, my sister's boyfriend did. He installed the one on my other computer too, which updates perfectly fine. i havent used the other computer for a couple months so it's still on service pack 1 i think. this computer is still XP 2002.... 0.0 . i don't really download much on this computer tho, because i use this one to play computer games.. so i try to do as little as possible when i go on the internet.

just to make sure though, i'll check if the security apps allows it, can u tell me how to check?

5. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Could be a problem with a firewall or another internet filter. Perhaps Billy Gates placed a hex on your PC cause you're using an illegal copy of windows.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you can check that your firewall has it allowed in it's program list. And if you are useing spywareblaster look in the IE block list and if you use firefox lookin the firefox block list. you might check those and let us know what you find.

bigc

7. sorry if i'm kind of dumb here... but how do u check the block list on firefox. i looked everywhere but cant seem tof ind it, would help to kno for IE too because both dont seem to be able to get to yahoo. (by block list do u happen to mean which cookies are blocked? if so neither firefox, ie, or spywareblaster has blocked yahoo). and the only firewall i'm using is the Windows Firewall from xp sp2... which i just got a couple days ago, so it's not that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.