Cannot enable local ethernet sharing

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by djg05, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I cannot connect to my other computer, it worked fine with Kerio (now removed) but will not with LnS.

I have looked at
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/faq_configuration.htm#lan

but those instructions do not seem to relate to this version (latest). I tried as far as I could to interpret them but it does not accept the network address 192............. and is looking for a hex instead - no idea where to find that (Win 2k sp4). Only the address is shown

Thought I might be able to do by creating a rule from the log but that does not seem to do anything

I would appreciate some help please.

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Did you try importing the rules and modifying them (if required) for your particular setup?

The logs should inidcate what is being blocked and what rules you will need to make to permit file sharing.

Regards,

CrazyM

5. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks

I tried making it from the logs but it did nothing. It should not be that difficult to connect two computers. All the others f/ws I have tried do it easily. I have wasted so much time on this that I have lost interest now. I appreciate everyone who has tried to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.