Cannot "Enable All Protection"

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mikl, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikl

mikl Registered Member

the problem i'm having with spywareblaster is that when i download updates, and i try to "enable all protection", the meter or bar at the bottom of the program will not finish going all the way across, and the protection is not alll enabled. i let it sit for a loooong time, and there is no movement.
    I uninstalled and re-installed it. The same thing happens - the meter or bar at the bottom does not fully load, and now it seems like enabled protection for the restricted sites and for Mozilla Firefox is zero! although IE is completely protected. It says that protection for Restricted sites, and for Firefox, is disabled. Clicking on "enable" shows me a list of websites with no checks next to them, nor will they accept being checked.
    so in short, i can't get protection enabled across the board, Can you help solve this problem? i've been a user for a long time, and this is a new problem.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

can u list your other security programs here please?

Also, which O/S are u running?

snowbound

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  3. mikl

mikl Registered Member

Happy to fill you in - thx for asking.
    XP Pro SP2 ... Spybot Search and Destroy ... Ad-aware 2007 ... SpySweeper ... Zone Alarm firewall ... AVG AV
    (I've been running the same programs for a long time with no problems until recently).

4. snowbound

Thanks.

There have been issues with SpySweeper with regards to SWB in the past but most recently with Spybot S&D 1.5. Do u run this version?

Take a look here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=185444

Although i don't see any mention of XP in the above thread or the restricted sites issue u mentioned(unless i missed it), the Firefox problem posted in that thread looks familiar to yours.

snowbound

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  5. mikl

mikl Registered Member

running spybot version 1.4.0.3.

the problem, eerily, has just gone away.
    we'll see what happens the next time there's an update and i need to Enable all Protection items, but for right now (for some reason) things are ok (even though this has been a persistent problem for a few weeks!).

in the meantime, thanks very much for your very prompt efforts...

Mikl

6. snowbound

You're welcome. :)

Hopefully things will remain as they should and the issue will not return. If it does, don't hesitate to post back and we'll attempt to get it fixed permanently.

snowbound

7. Doctor_Who

Doctor_Who Registered Member

Hi Mikl,
    I run all the security programs you just mentioned, + a few more, but,,,,
    You need to dump that old-out-of-date version of Spybot. OK?
    The New & Improved version, 1.5 has been out now for a few months and there is already a beta for it that fixes the "Slow Loading" problem.
    You can get the Beta version, 1.5.0.17 (soon to become a full version) here:

http://www.infomaticsonline.co.uk/vnunet/downloads/2128856/spybot-search-destroy

After installing this version, right over your old version, you'll think Spybot is on steroids, or sniffing Nitros Oxide!!!! :D :D

It seems like every feature of the program is accelerated! Try it....you'll like it!

Cheers,
    The Doctor :cool:

PS: I've never had the problem you related to, about not being able to enable all protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.