Cannot Create Stable Vista Virtual Image from Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by techspsgi, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techspsgi

techspsgi Registered Member

I'm trying to create a virtual image of a Vista PC in my office. I created a backup using Acronis True Image Workstation w/ Universal Restore to a USB drive. I then created a virtual image of the backup on USB on another Vista PC using True Image Workstation. During the creation process I get the following errors:

415 (0x1D019F) Failed to install service from section 'pciide_Inst.Services'.
    415 (0x1D019F) Failed to install service from section 'DDInstall.Services'.
    415 (0x1D019F) Failed to install service from section 'LSI_SCSI_Inst.Services'.
    415 (0x1D019F) Failed to install service from section 'MSISADRV.Services'.
    415 (0x1D019F) Failed to install service from section 'ACPI_Inst.NT.Services'.
    415 (0x1D019F) Failed to install service from section 'atapi_Inst.Services'.

The process completes and it creates a .vhd file and I can create a new virtual machine in Virtual PC 2007; but every time I try to boot into Vista it crashes with a 0x7b error.

I've created XP images using the same method without issue. Every Vista image I try fails the same way.

Any thoughts?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello techspsgi,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

First of all make sure that you are using the latest build (8163) of Acronis True Image Echo Workstation, you can download it from your account (My Account -> Registered Products) and test it.

If the issue persists contact Acronis support and submit technical request using this link or contact us via Live Chat and attach log file:

- Start Acronis True Image;
    - Select Tools -> Show log;
    - Choose the log entry which contains errors;
    - Click on the diskette icon, choose the location (folder) and save there;
    - Send us the log.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.