cannot access help and support

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by t bone, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t bone

t bone Registered Member

forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

when i try to get to help and support a warning from mcafee pops up,
    help ctr. exe contains suspicious scripting activity and has been stopped.

i click allow this time and nothing happens. i try disabling firewall and go to help and support and computer restarted o_O

i checked help folder for viruses...it's clean.

spybot, adaware, and ms antispy all clean.

never had a prob. with this before.....any ideas?

thanks in adv. t bone

2. tom772

tom772 Guest

Hi, this happens sometimes, just click allow script for this session , and you should be able to carry on as normal. There is a link that may help you

take care T,(http)

xxxx://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=17791

3. Please excuse the interruption t-bone ....

@ tom772 - Go ahead and provide live links for the folk's requesting assistance,
    I highly doubt your experiencing any of the same issues (which are not presently open for discussion) I face.

Post on people! :cool:
    GF

4. tom772

tom772 Guest

hey, GF - i have tried recently to copy and paste links with Http, but they dont show up on my posts so i have started XXXX, in the links? T

5. T bone,

Would you happen to have another type of script-stopper activated (ScriptDefender, ScripTrap ...)? Any recent updates? How about double-checking if the Help and Support service is at least set to manual?

Look for setting's in Active Shield, not the firewall.
    BTW, it would be nice to know your OS? :)

PS Tom - Using FF? If so it tends to have issues with the forum soft, V-Bulletin. Next time before preview,
    do your c/p then wrap this without arrows at the beginning [<url>] ... and this at the end of your link [</url>]. ;)

Try some preview's, when satisfied just close your current window to escape.

GF

6. Shrek

Shrek Guest

7. t bone

t bone Registered Member

thanks for all the replys.

between then and now i figured out i had to uncheck the box in virus scan options for script stopper.
    still puzzled as to why nothing happened when i tried "allow script this time" and nothing happened....oh well thanks again.

8. Thanks a lot guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.