Cancelling a restore operation (PB&R 2012 Free)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Boondoggle, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boondoggle

Boondoggle Registered Member

I need to restore a folder out of a full HDD backup. When the restore operation said it would take 10 hours, I decided to cancel it and start it later so it can run overnight. However, when I hit the cancel button the dialog box asked me:

"You are about to break Restore files operation. If you break this operation the data can be lost or corrupted."

I am assuming that "the data" refers to the restored files. It would make sense that the aborted restore operation would result in only a partial set of restored files. However, the ambiguity left me with just enough doubt that the archive could be corrupted, so I am waiting for the operation to complete.

Could anyone clear up for me whether "the data" refers to the restored files or to the archive?" I could not find anything about cancelling the restore in the documentation or the forums.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It means the restored files.

The archive will be fine.

3. Boondoggle

Boondoggle Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.