Can You Recommend Me A Broaband ISP

Discussion in 'polls' started by AnthonyG, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I wasnt sure of the exact location to start this topic, i thought maybe the polls but if im wrong could it be moved to a more appropriate location.

But im curently an AOL platinum broadband subscriber, some things i like, such as their free and helpful customer service and non monthly restrictions during surfing. But their software is awful. Its resourse hungry, slow and problems with it come at least once a fortnight its also IE based and i wish to not use that software unless i literally have to and AOL will usually not help with problems if you say you are using an other browser to theirs. It is also sign on password based internet connection.

A relitive has signed up to BT yahoo broadband and that is an always on connection with no hefty software like AOL's running, however it is a restricted monthly use account. All i am looking for is a always on connection similar to BT's with a non restricted monthly usage account and possiblyy free or low cost help line. I am also looking for a 2mb DSL speed if possible. AOL charge £30/month for this but its sign on broadband . Is there a company which offers the same service but always on connection at around the same price. (as being a student cost is a major factor!), oh and in the north east of England.

Thanks for your help
    Anthony

2. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ukonline offers unlimited 2 meg service from £19.99 (only in bt exchanges that use ukonline servers)....otherwise its £29.99.You can check which price yours will be with online checker.I beleive its a yearly contract though (youll need to check).You may want to check out other ISPs ratings here...for price/service comaparisons.
    http://www.ispreview.co.uk/
    ellison

3. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

if you don t want 12 month contract? then go Virgin.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.