can you recommend a gps navigator for my car?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by mantra, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

:D :D

but i read that some tomtom model have the feature to upgrade the maps life time ,is right?

thanks

2. Boost

Boost Registered Member

garmin 1390lmt

lifetime updates for maps

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

sd maps

thanks
    does it include a device for power supply/lighting cigarettes (sorry for my poor english) ?

and in the micro SD card , what kind of maps can you store?

thanks
    cheers

4. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

When it comes to TomTom, Garmin, and similar devices... is it purely a matter of downloading updated mapping information or is there two-way exchange of information such that the process of updating might reveal to the manufacturer stored information about your queries, travels, etc?

Edit: Never mind. I just poked around the Garmin site (http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/la...e/products-and-applications-privacy-statement) and TomTom site (https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/privacy/) and found enough information to get a sense of the situation.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  5. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Correct. I have a Tom Tom XXL 540M, includes lifetime map updates. When you set up the Tom Tom software, you just enter an activation code included with the paper work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.