Can you DDoS a iphone/android smartphone?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ComputerSaysNo, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just a question, can you DDoS a smartphone? I ask this because of silent circle. If I was trying to attack it I'd go after their servers, so I'm wondering if you can attack the phone directly.

2. x942

x942 Guest

If you are targetting silent circle than the best you could do is take it offline (sadly since silent cirlce isn't decentralized you can take down the entire system by attack them directly).

As far as attacking the phone looks like there has been a DOS exploit on android. Now I didn't read the whole.

Phones are just computers really so if you don't have a firewall a DOS attack is possible. Phone's need Firewalls built-in sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Looks like iOS has had at least one DOS exploit as well.

3. I wonder if you could DDoS the phone causing it to break the connection and then rip the encryption keys. You still need a way to rip the keys of the phone though o_O Not sure how you would do that unless you have physical access to the phone while the call is in progress.

Maybe remote into the phone while DDoS attacking it and pull the keys that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.