Can this be done with Acronis True Image 10 Home?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kenk_1998, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenk_1998

kenk_1998 Registered Member

May 6, 2007
    I want to set-up a weekly backup cycle of 1 full backup and then 6 incremental. The documentation isn't very clear to me and really doesn't seem to match the panels I see when I am setting up the back ups....The manual says:
    Backup Rules

Here, you can set the overall limitations to size/storage time for the backup location. When you start backup to a backup location, the selected location will be checked and, if any limitation is exceeded, the oldest backups will be deleted or consolidated (if possible).
    • Location size quota - select this option to set maximum size of the backup location, in megabytes.
    • Maximum number of backups - select this option to set maximum number of backups in the backup location.
    • Storage period limits - maximum storage period for the archives, in days.

With the above in mind I set the rules for the backup location as follows:
    Maximum backup location 220gb (amount of spave in pool)
    Maximum backup number 7 (I only want one weeks worth)
    Storage periods 1 (I only want 1 of each...1 full, 1 inc on monday, 1 inc on Tues...son on)

What am I doing wrong? I am getting 2 full backups and it hasn't finished all the other inc'

One thing I noticed was it talks about the "Backup policy" in the user guide....but when I create a backup it never shows up.
  2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Have a look at this thread which contains a post with a guide for backups It will probably answer your questions.
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Apr 28, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.