can someone help me build a website store/shop, please?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i'd really love some help from you :) for the past few years i have only watched TV, films and documentaries on my computer in my free time :| so i am a bit out of touch with anything new

i told my dad i could build him a website shop selling things. by myself i could do something like the old langa letter :eek: but i was hoping for something a bit more web 2.0 :D

can someone recommend anything? this is the first place i have been before looking hoping someone might have exactly what i'm looking for -
    all backend stack taken care of - updates applied and security holes fixed without our help (my dad and me).

i didn't want to put ideas in to people's heads in case there's something slicker, but i thought maybe WordPress, Joomla, Squarespace or Drupal with a shop theme. can you do commerce with them?

and i don't know anything about an e-commerce system either :(

please help me. my dad is a really hard worker and i'd love to do the internet side of te business, if this first site has any kind of success we will do more using it as a template. i'm oing to look in to SEO too :cool:

i hope someone comes along and help :) thanks :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Hi iceni60. It's nice to see you here again.

Have you tried bigcartel.com? I don't use it but I do visit some of the shops there for tees. Good luck.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks for the welcome back, theos :cool:

i haven't actually tried anything yet :( i'm going to spend tomorrow going through everything :) my dad closed down his main business, partly because of retirement. he is a workaholic so will stay busy. this is the best opportunity i'll ever get for making good money because he is such a successfully and serious worker.

i need to find a a site that will look after all backend needs - updates, security etc and have nice store/shop templates i can pick from too. i thought maybe wordpress, but i really don't have the experience to be certain :(

i'm definitely going to try out bigcartel though! thanks for the suggestion, theos :thumb:

4. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

great thanks, i'll definately have a look what i want is a store that's independent from the hoster so it can be searched through search engines because someone told me places like amazon stores can only be searched through amazon?!?? i don't know if that's true or not o_O

we will be selling money - old discontinued bank english banknotes.

i started this thread too - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=284932

i hope someone can help me :doubt: THANKS

EDIT: i did look at the sites you showed me, but have no idea if they're better than woodpress. i may do a demo design of each. what worries me the most is i heard some store sites are not searchable through main search engines and you have to search through the site they are on! i'm going to learn about SEO too, that's the thing.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.