Can Rollback Rx Protect 2-HDDs?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by pvsurfer, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Jaws,
    Thanks. For the moment, I keep it the way it is :
    C = system partition with winXPproSP2 on it and bootable.
    D = personal partition with my personal files and not bootable.
    and take the rest of your advices in consideration.

I don't really need more for the moment, because I have alot of new legitimate softwares to try to make my final choice and spend money on it, if necessary. Even the hardware, I never had, requires some study too.
    Once I have the essential ones, I will install my pc from scratch again.

Thanks for the lessons for partitioning in the past, it was alot easier than I thought. :D

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Sounds easy, but think about it... What about the all-important (and constantly changing) Documents and Settings folder on the now inaccessible C-drive? Even if you had a copy of that entire folder, simply copying it over the default Documents and Settings folder that would be on the D-drive would corrupt the Windows installation on the D-drive! There would be other complications as well...

Afaik, the only other (and better) solution for Erik than what I suggested in my prior post would be to implement a mirrored drive to C: (i.e., RAID 1). I don't think Rollback would work in a RAID 1 environment, but then again, you wouldn't need it! ;)

~pv

3. Jaws

Jaws Registered Member

In the context of the question posed by Erik:

My comment is limited to having a boot-able HDD to access the personal partition, and was not intended to be a backup to the C: drive.

4. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I have talked to HDS and they do not see your mails. Can you send them another if you still need to talk with them. If you do not hear back within 2 days please let me know and I'll try to help figure out what's happening with your mails. Their support is quite good actually. Please don't give up on them.

Thanks,

Chris

5. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

The reason they claim not to have seen my emails is because my email address is under my real name.

Anyhow, I'm not giving up on them yet - but you are a darn good 'pinch-hitter' (hope you understand baseball parlance)!

~pv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.