Can PE wipe out only free space?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by sharjohn, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharjohn

sharjohn Registered Member

I use a program called perfect disk to defrag my hard drive. It aggressively tries to give me the most contiguous free space. Assuming that the disk has been cleaned up (remove all temp files, etc) then defragged, I would like to then wipe out the free space to make sure anything in the free space is thoroughly obliterated. Then I would use True Image to make a good backup copy of the entire drive.

I do not want to wipe out the existing data, such as what would happen if I wiped out the whole partition or hard drive. I just want to thoroughly clean the free space using one of the methods such as the DoD method. Is this program capable of doing just that?

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Attached Files:

3. werne

werne Registered Member

Please look at the following thread : https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=74453 (Exactly what does PES 8.0 wipe ?). What PES 8.0 really wipes hasn't really been nailed down so far. It's almost 2 1/2 years from my original post and the development team still hasn't got back to us yet, so you may have another long wait for a definitive answer. Just put PES 9.0 in the same category.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.