Can not create new partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by frustrated2today, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frustrated2today

frustrated2today Registered Member

I am having the same problem everyone else is in creating a new partition. If I uninstall disk director and install partition magic will there be a compatibility problem with true image 9?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

There shouldn't be as they are two very different beasts!

Make sure though that you uninstall OSS via it's uninstall option, otherwise your PM and harddrive may not act as expected.

Colin

3. frustrated2today

I have tried all the suggestions for making a partition and nothing seems to work. I defraged the hard drive, turned everything off.I have tried booting with the cd that I made and my mouse will not work. Can any one help me with this.

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi frustrated2today, I have merged your second thread with this current one. Please do not start a new thread for the same problem. Thank you.

Regards,

snap

5. frustrated2today

From what I read here in the forum there are quite a few people that are having a problem creating a new partition. I would hope that some one from acronis is reading the forum and would respond with a means of making disk director work.

I would also like to add that when I hit reboot command after trying to create a partition in either the manual mode or with the use of the wizzard I note that the image that reflects the new partition reverts to the old image with out the new partition. The pc does reboot and it indicates that all the processes are completed. The other thing that I note when the pc starts up the letters identifying my two other hard drives that are connected via usb ports are removed and I need to replace these letters under computor management.

Will some one from acronis please review these problems and offer a solution

6. frustrated2today

Some where on this forum I read that Norton's systems works was in conflict with dd. It was indicated that the recycle bin and the disc doctor were in conflict so I deleted them under add/remove programs.Then I defraged the hard drive I was hoping to partition and I ran checkdisc on it.I have four hard drives, two eighty gig hard drives connected via usb ports and two, two hunred and fifty gig hard drives in the tower. I tried partitioning the first hard drive in the tower and the same thing happened. A window came up telling me that I had to reboot and it did and there was no new partition when it came up. I should add that I turned anti virus and everything else that was running off.For the hell of it,since nothing was working anyway I tried to make a logical partition on the seven gigs of unallocated space on the first hard drive and it worked. Encouraged by this I tried to increase the size on the new logical partition on the first hard drive I was instructed to reboot and nothing happened. Then I tried to make a partition on the second hard drive. This time a twenty gig logical partition and it worked with out rebooting. If this is the way it is suppose to work great, it is much quicker than partition magic, but I still can't do anything with the first hard drive. I am also still concerned that I can not use my mouse when I use the boot cd.

Is there anyone out there. Help, help. Acronis where are you?

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Unfortunately I personally can not help with your Acronis problem other than a reminder that it is the weekend and time zones need to be taken into consideration as Acronis Support Reps might not be at work as of yet :doubt:

8. frustrated2today

There is one other comment that I failed to included in the last post and that is that it almost seems that I have something on that is blocking any efforts of dd to change the first partition on my first hard drive. I do have norton internet security and system works but that is all turned off. I do not like the idea of having to uninstall my antivirus because it is such a pain to reinstall. I also have adaware and adwatch but that is also turned off.

9. frustrated2today

Thank you Bubba. I have just been trying to get this to work for what seems like days and I am not having any luck. Please forgive my impatience.

10. pompste

pompste Registered Member

Hi,i also cannot create any partitions on any of my hard drives.I even uninstalled DDS 10.0 and installed a trial version of partition magic and the same thing happens, so as someone mentioned earlier,there must be an "unknown variable" blocking access to our drives.
    I see others are posting at this forum more often now with the same problem,so hopefully ACRONIS moderators are taking note of this ever increasing problem and hopefully come up with a fix.
    The only reason i`m even keeping this software for now is that the OS SELECTOR is real handy for quickly changing the boot order of my 4 hard drives---other than that ,i would have returned it for a refund by now.
    I have no problems cloning my drives with TRUE IMAGE 10.0.I wonder why TI 10.0 has easy access to my drives but DDS 10.0 cannot get access? It`s an unaswerable question at the moment.

If anyone comes up with a solution,please post it in the forum.
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.