Can I use Backup and Recovery (free) to migrate my root drive?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by mkelley, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkelley

mkelley Registered Member

My old XP box has a very tiny (250gb) root drive and while I've upgraded the secondary drive to a 1.5GB drive I've never been able to update the root since I have SO many programs installed there I don't want to try reinstalling the OS and all of those programs. I'm guessing I need some sort of clone drive program, and did some checking around and Paragon's came up as one.

However, when I go to the info about it nothing talks about actually cloning a drive but more of "backing up" the drive for restoration later. All I really want to do is completely clone the C: drive to my D: drive, and then swap the boot parameters (so then my D: will be my C: drive). After that I can put a 1.5TB drive in to be my new D: drive.

Is this doable with this program? If so, any simple steps? If not, what do you recommend using?

TIA for any help.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

You can use Paragon Drive Copy 11 which includes most migration (copy, not backup) features.
    The most suitable for you is simple Copy Hard Disk wizard. It will copy your existing system and all settings and data to new HDD with proportional resize (or leaving partitions as is to create additional partition on the rest of the disk)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.