Camptune 9 Resize Partition fails with Bad parameter of function Hard Disk Manager er

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by bpell, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpell

bpell Registered Member

I am trying to increase the size of my MAC partition on a brand new MacBook Pro set up with dual boot Mac and Windows 7. The Windows partition is currently 430 GB and the Mac is only 35 GB. I purchased Camptune to try and even out the partition sizes to add space to the Mac partition.

The first run gave me the error about cross-linked files. I resolved that error by running chkdsk and verify as suggested. That error cleared.

Now I get the following error which doesn't seem to be listed anywhere:

Operation Failed
    Bad parameter of function
    Hard Disk Manager
    Error Code: 0x1100a

Not much to go on. I've tried it several times and always get the same error.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Brian

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Could you please reproduce the error and post log files here?

* Reproduce the error.
    * Select LOGs Saver ,and follow the wizard
    * Save files to the flash-drive for example and post them here.

3. bpell

bpell Registered Member

Got a new version of Bootcamp 9 from the support team. The new version worked although I've now encountered other issues that I'm trying to work through.

I was able to resize Bootcamp to a smaller size, and the windows side works fine. The Mac partition had issues. The smaller Mac partition would not expand to take up the extra space. I was unable to get disk utility to resize the partition because it said it was corrupt. Verify indicated I had errors and needed to repair but would not enable the repair button. I then put in the OS X bootable CD and tried to repair from there but it indicated it was unrepairable.

When in the MAC side I wasn't able to get to the internet even though Airport was up and running, found the wireless access and got a DHCP address assigned.

I have now erased the smaller Mac partition (35 GB) and am reinstalling MAC OS X from the installation CD on that partition and will try to expand it once the reinstallation is complete. Fortunately I didn't have much on the MAC side yet that I can't recreate from simple backups.

I'll post again if it works.

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.