Camptune 9 Resize Partition fails with Bad parameter of function Hard Disk Manager er

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by bpell, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpell

bpell Registered Member

I am trying to increase the size of my MAC partition on a brand new MacBook Pro set up with dual boot Mac and Windows 7. The Windows partition is currently 430 GB and the Mac is only 35 GB. I purchased Camptune to try and even out the partition sizes to add space to the Mac partition.

The first run gave me the error about cross-linked files. I resolved that error by running chkdsk and verify as suggested. That error cleared.

Now I get the following error which doesn't seem to be listed anywhere:

Operation Failed
    Bad parameter of function
    Hard Disk Manager
    Error Code: 0x1100a

Not much to go on. I've tried it several times and always get the same error.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Brian
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Could you please reproduce the error and post log files here?

* Reproduce the error.
    * Select LOGs Saver ,and follow the wizard
    * Save files to the flash-drive for example and post them here.
  3. bpell

bpell Registered Member

Got a new version of Bootcamp 9 from the support team. The new version worked although I've now encountered other issues that I'm trying to work through.

I was able to resize Bootcamp to a smaller size, and the windows side works fine. The Mac partition had issues. The smaller Mac partition would not expand to take up the extra space. I was unable to get disk utility to resize the partition because it said it was corrupt. Verify indicated I had errors and needed to repair but would not enable the repair button. I then put in the OS X bootable CD and tried to repair from there but it indicated it was unrepairable.

When in the MAC side I wasn't able to get to the internet even though Airport was up and running, found the wireless access and got a DHCP address assigned.

I have now erased the smaller Mac partition (35 GB) and am reinstalling MAC OS X from the installation CD on that partition and will try to expand it once the reinstallation is complete. Fortunately I didn't have much on the MAC side yet that I can't recreate from simple backups.

I'll post again if it works.

Brian
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.