Cache left in Chrome

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Rilla927, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hello,

I recently started using chrome 27.1453.116. I always surf in virtual mode, but I noticed when I'm done and reboot there is a bunch of cache left in chrome that ccleaner cleans. How could this happen if I'm in virtual mode? I'm not familiar with how the cache works in chrome, maybe it's different than other browsers but it doesn't make sense to me. Just wanted to get clarification.

I'm win7 Pro 64bit.

Thanks

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi,
    The google chrome cache is on the system disk so it should not retain any updates after a trestart following a VM session. Are you certain that you had the Virtual Mode protection active when this observation was made?

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

The location of the cache is important, in case you made any command-line switches or policy changes.

4. Rilla927

Coldmoon, J L

I did realize that I had chose the wrong path to files to save in Returnil. I was looking (still am) for the path for bookmarks or favorites so I could retain them after I reboot out of virtual mode.

Coldmoon can you reset my license again? I needed to use a password on my computer for the first time and very shortly after I did this I went to boot out of virtual mode and there was a strange error in the task bar. I couldn't open anything at all, nothing would respond. I booted into safe mode and I had the same problem so I had to re-install the OS.

I don't have any idea as to what caused this, be it something totally random or if it had something to do with me putting the password on their. I wanted to be able to find the answer but there isn't much you can do when the system doesn't respond at all.

5. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Shoot me a PM with your License Number and will reset the license assignment.

Mike

6. Rilla927

Got your PM, thanks Coldmoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.