c2clegacyistallfixer.vbs -- What would that be?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by an2tex, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

When I opened my computer, comodo asked me what to do with: c2clegacyistallfixer.vbs I blocked and terminated 2 times. It was in the windows temp folder I guess. I asked comodo not to remember it in case it would be an essential code and I might need it to ask again. Then - Computer became unresponsive, I started Windows 8 again several times, after the initial boot screen, login screen did not come for a minute or so, then I restarted. Then after some trial I understood that login screen launched after more than a minute. Windows started (first boot up programs took some time to launch, much much more than normal) and I restarted Windows again. Again it took lots of time. After that I opened Comodo interface, and deleted the rule for this one. And everything seems normal.

What would the problem be? After all, if it was dangerous, wouldn't Comodo ask me what to do after deleting the rule? Was it a legitimate program Comodo asked by mistake one time - or simply a dangerous one that bypassed the second time? I believe the problem that appeared in my OS was that HIPS warning that I blocked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.