C:\Windows\Temp\RAS .tmp files

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by SmackyTheFrog, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I received a notification in my RAS server that the C: volume was filling up. Fired it up and looked, only to find 7.5GB/56,000 individual .tmp files (RASo_O?.tmp) in C:\Windows\Temp\RAS\

I'm pretty sure these are being generated by the remote administrator server software, and they span all the way back to december 2010. I believe this is when the server was virtualized from a physical box, so the contents of the Temp directory wouldn't have been moved in the process.

Why isn't the software cleaning this garbage up occasionally?

2. Graeme

Graeme Registered Member

I've encountered the same issue, though the RASo_O?.TMP files are in the C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp\RAS\ directory.

Just deleted over 10GB of them ... the remaining ones (I kept today's .. for now) are all 220KB in size and a new file is added about every 5-10 minutes (usually about every 5 minutes).

Any ideas anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.