Buying 4 pack NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Darth AkSarBen, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Registered Member

Is it possible to buy 2 ea 4 packs of the NOD32 AV program for our winery? We only have 8 Windows XP machines in there that connect to each other/winery. Right now only 5 are protected with AVG anti virus program and when they come up for renewal, I'm contemplating changing to either Avast! or NOD32. I believe either program will be a superior working AV program to our existing AVG. It (AVG) has some issues with working and scanning how I want it to. More difficult for the users to control themselves at times as well.

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

please discuss on eset eav not avg and avast

3. Darth AkSarBen

I thought I was!! :rolleyes: :mad:

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

5. Darth AkSarBen

Thanks Blackspear!! BTW, I REALLY enjoyed the thread you did on the tutorial, all 6 pages! I saved it to my favorites, and to my wife's folder so I can better "tweak" things.

And yes, they do say nice things about NOD32 over at the Avast! forums.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are most welcome.

Cheers :D

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

you can do that - and it's technically cheaper than buying 8 x Eset Antivirus for Business licenses - although you're SUPPOSED to buy those for home and home/business usage.. you are stretching the usage there (unless you live on the same property - then I could see it being completely within the realm of a home business).

hth

Greg

8. Darth AkSarBen

Greg, I work for the winery as the Associate Winemaker, and also they have given me the task of computer upgrades, updates, and networking (besides normal wine making stuff), so it is not for me, but for Doug, who owns the winery and also lives on the property. His home is considered part of the "estate" , and as such might fall under that realm of home business. Out of our 8 computers I built, only 2 have Windows XP Pro and only 5 have any anti virus protection on them at present, although all are capable and do connect to the Internet. Windows defender is at least some protection, but not really enough to make me feel comfortable.

9. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

it does then sound like a home business pack of 4 seats bought twice would work. Either find a reseller close to you - or, of course, we could help!

kind regards

Greg

10. Darth AkSarBen

It will have to wait a while. They are very prudent with funds at the winery and the current AV lasts until middle June of this year. When I first got it, he only let me install it on 5 machines. He didn't believe in AV until his computer started acting pretty strange one day and I had to spend a few hours "fixing" a browse to a website. He is still of the mindset that if you don't open attachments you will never get a virus. Guess he doesn't know about all the gif, jpg, XML files he downloads to the temp folder each time he visits a website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.