burning to dvd+r and dvd+rw's

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by topcat, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topcat

topcat Registered Member

I have windows xp SP2, I have a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S burner, I'm using nero CD/DVD recording software. I've got the WinXP IMAPI CD writing service disabled. I have TI 8 build 800. Have backed up 7 tib files, 6 635mb and 1 279mb tib file for a total of3.99GB onto my 2nd internal hard drive. I want to put the tib files on dvd+r's and dvd+rw's. When in nero burning rom do I choose dvd-rom(ISO)? or dvd-rom(udf)? or dvd-rom (udf/iso)? Do I choose start multisession disc? or no multisession disk? Under the ISO tab do I check the box saying "Do not add the '.1' ISO file version extension? Are the choices the same for dvd+r's and dvd-rw's? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. topcat

topcat Registered Member

2nd pic

Attached Files:

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello topcat,

DVD media: Use blank DVD+R or DVD+/-RW (don't preformat the RW disks).
    DVD session type: For maximum compatability with other hardware you should set this to DVD-ROM (ISO). However, if you're not too bothered about this you could create a new image, electing to split it into 4.3GB chunks, and burn it as a DVD-ROM (UDF).
    Multisession tab: Select "No Multisession".
    ISO tab: As per your screenshot other than set "File name length (ISO):" to "Max. of 31 chars (Level 2)". Don't check the "Do not add the ';1' ISO file version extension" as this is used when creating a DVD-ROM (Boot).
    Label tab: As you wish.
    Dates tab: As you wish.
    Misc tab: Check "Cache files from disk and network" and set "Cache files smaller than" to 64KB.
    Burn tab: Obviously you need to select "Write" but I strongly recommend you set the write speed to around 2x or 2.4x. This greatly increases the likelyhood of a successful burn.

Hope this helps.

Regards

4. topcat

topcat Registered Member

Thanks for the info Menorca. I will try these settings and see if they make a successful backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.