Burning a Recovery CD/DVD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by StrongEagle, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrongEagle

StrongEagle Registered Member

Folks, obviously I bought this product because I want to be able to completely restore the disk on my laptop if it should fail (rather than reload the OS then have to re-install every stinking program, then restore all files from a file based backup system).

So, call me confused. When I start DB 10 Pro backup, it asks me if I want to create a recovery CD... indeed, tells me I should. I can then run the wizard.

But when I bought DB10 Pro I also got a program called 'Paragon-134-PRE_WinPERCD_10.0.10.10505_000.exe'. If I execute this it also wants to burn a CD/DVD.

So... which to use... and in general, if I am backing up a Thinkpad T42 with a 100 gig disk, do I want WinPE or Linux or both CD's?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

The WinPe cd is better - much more hardware support.

However, if the Linux/dos cd works well on your system and recognizes and restores everything ( as it does for almost everyone ), you could use that.

Only the WinPE cd allows you to load drivers when using the Virtualization Manager.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.