Bundle NOD32+Outpost ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by vince35, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince35

vince35 Registered Member

Hi all

In France (and surely in other countries), NOD can be found bundeld with Agnitum Outpost 3.5 ( http://www.eset-nod32.fr/nod32_versions_pack-protection-totale.html ) which is a very good team, I think

I know that rumors are talking about a NOD security suite (NOD v3 + firewall)

What do you think about this bundle ? Would you like independant and specialized products bundeld together than a self developped firewall by ESET ?

2. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Hello, I prefer to use an older version of Zone Alarm, so that is problem No.1.
    It would be a difficult proposal to get around as everyone has their own version of firewall. :)

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I don't like OutPost. Last time I used it, too many fn prompts. Like 20 prompts an hour. I'm happy multi-layered using GhostWall as my pf. And NOD32 as my AV. Plus other apps & hardening tools. Same with Jetico pf, too many prompts.

4. vince35

vince35 Registered Member

hi zapjb

I didn't know ghostwall at all ... it looks fine (and it is free :) ) but can not be compared to an outpost or equal. Both doesn't provide same protection level ...

for ex. ghostwall doesn't provide "application control" (Jason RO's topic : https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=98507&highlight=ghostwall )

regarding outpost's many prompts you talked about, I think it comes from "components control" which you can adjust in the settings

5. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I dont mind OP with NOD32 - as long as it doesnt install unless I choose it. Been there done that (Outpost)
    I am perfectly happy with my current firewall. In a perfect world Eset could have two versions of NOD32, with and without a firewall.

6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

You mean the suite & antivirus? Guess you gotta stay tuned for NOD32 v3 then :)

7. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

the prompts from Outpost at 1st sisn't bother me but after awhile it gets old & OP 3.5 has many problems so I don't see this as a good fit, maybe Look,n,Stop, low mem footprint...rules stick...

8. Upasaka

Upasaka Guest

I for one do not want Nod 32 bundled with anything or as a suite.:eek:

9. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Same here. I'll settle for the AV and choose my other security apps myself.
    Good thing they are making an AV and a suite :)

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

vince35 as my op states I use other security apps as well. If I wanted app control from a pf I'd use Sygate (still copies around), LnS Or SunBelt Kerio. Until OutPost fixes the constant prompting it's aggravating.

11. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I sure hope they don't bundle NOD32 with Outpost. That would pretty much make the package useless for people that aren't computer savvy.

It is my experience that Outpost is far too complex of a firewall for your average person. I tried using Outpost and was overwhelmed. I now use Zone Alarm Free.

It will be interesting to see what route Nod goes with V3.

12. Hazeleyze

Hazeleyze Guest

I hope they make their own firewall and turns out to be every bit as good as Nod.

13. Uroboros

Uroboros Registered Member

Agreed!

Definitely don't want NOD32 bundled with some outside applications. Especially ones that are definitely bloatware and resource hogs.

Right now I use Lock 'n' Stop as my firewall. before I was using Sygate. Something like a more user friendly (but still powerful) version of Lock 'n' Stop as an addition to NOD32 would be nice.

14. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I would something like GhostWall. But with app control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.