Bullguard 2013 is Out!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

But as I read it, this is only for behavioural detection; these options are not offered when an infected file is detected.

I would still like more options AND a prompt Window to ask you what option/action you want to take when a potential threat is found.

2. Blackcat

Opened up the main Window this morning and the Status button indicated I had a problem; it said I had passed my trial period, even though I have a valid license!

So from within the GUI I had no proper license but checking my BullGuard account I did! Therefore somehow, my online account and my program were out of sync o_O

Live support had me up and running within a couple of minutes. Hopefully a one-off bug and not a general problem with license activation checking!

After this I think it would be a good idea if the tray icon changed color or a pop-up was seen if an update fails to take place (within the 2 day-update reminder) or if a problem like the above is seen. It was just by chance that I opened up the main GUI this morning.

Oh and also an option to disable/enable the RTM from the tray icon.

3. Less

Less Registered Member

bought a licence for 3 PCs.

1st PC installed with no issues.
    For 2nd PC, i need to login with the same email as the first one, else it doesnt register when the serial is keyed in.

May i right? Can't i use 3 separate emails to register for 3 different PCs?

4. Blackcat

All computers for BG licenses must be registered under the same email address; however they can have different IP addresses.

5. Less

Less Registered Member

I see. Thanks.

Wanted to give the last installation to a friend. Now cannot.

6. Blackcat

Just let them register the program with your email address.

7. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

For any PC's simply provide the login details to each one. Not the actual email details, the login details (which should be different).

You can install on as many PC's as your license covers, regardless of their location. But they still need your initial BG account login. I feel this is a superior method to activation because you can install it anywhere, as much as you like, provided you have the login details.

8. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Hello.I'm currently trialing BullGuard Internet Security 2013.It runs without glitches.Really smooth :thumb:
    I haven't used any internet security in years but I have to say this is very impressive piece of software.
    I have active licences for 2 AV programs (Kaspersky and BitDefender) and they feel a little bit heavy on my HP 4530s laptop.
    Maybe I've found a better solution :D
    So far so good.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Bullguard is the only internet security suite i think i would actually buy these days.Its an impressive piece of software and worth buying.

10. guest

guest Guest

I am testing Bullguard 2013 right now and it's ... really bad! :thumbd:

First of all BullGuardScanner.exe is using constantly way too much CPU for whatever reason (I didn't start a scan or anything!? WHY!?!?). Then - even more annoying - suddenly I cannot google anything!!! - The site itself is loading but I do not get results anymore! :thumbd:

I had Malwarebytes Antimalware Pro installed but uninstalled it before trying out Bullguard. Also I am running WRSA Complete v8.0.2.96 beta (nothing is monitored or blocked). That's it regarding AV. - Secunia PSI 2.x was uninstalled by me after installation of Bullguard, I would think that should be done by the installer itself!?

So far I am not at all impressed and really annoyed by Bullguard. Slowing things down to a crawl and not letting me google with IE or FF. :mad:

(No, I don't need Bullguard for myself, WRSA is sufficient .. but I wanted to test if I could replace Avira with Bullguard on systems of relatives ... DON'T THINK SO!)

And one things comes to mind again:

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM! :thumb:

11. guest

guest Guest

Uninstalled this horrible software (Bullguard) -> all problems gone! :rolleyes:

12. Bodhitree

Sounds like it is your system, not the software.

Based on my observations of this forum, I think a lot of people have really screwed up machines or machines with way too much junk installed, or improperly configured, and then blame products. I mean take a look at the Admuncher thread, it didn't even work right for several people, and that's just an adblocker! I have Bullguard installed on 6 machines now, and it's working flawless. Ranging from Laptops, old dual cores, to speedy quad cores. It runs the same on all of them, very light and speedy. Also WSA is entirely redundant with BG on a system. BG is lighter and more powerful then Avira - by the way.

Maybe it is time for a fresh OS installation, and stop blaming products.

13. Bodhitree

I found both KIS and BitDefender to be very heavy, even on my fastest machines. But on 6 different machines I cannot find any slowdown or drag with Bullguard. It's very light and speedy despite the power of it.

In fact, after a year of running Webroot, I cannot tell the difference between WSA and Bullguard, even on the slowest machine here, an old dual core laptop. They feel identical. I know BG is more powerful, and has more features, so I use that instead of WSA since speed isn't noticeable.

14. guest

guest Guest

Oh, I am sooo sorry that I hurt your religious feelings towards your most worshiped product when I honestly described my horrible experience with this AV solution. :rolleyes:

And do not worry please, my system works absolutely fine IF (!) I am not trying to install things you promote like a fanboy on drugs. In fact I will now stay away from anything that you get excited about, Admuncher and Bullguard (both software I would - after testing them - not use even if I were paid to!) was enough for me, thank you. :thumbd:

Think whatever you want. But I say you don't know what your are talking about. - Even if someone HAS a "screwed up" system what do you think is the culprit? Software products maybe?!? :rolleyes: - But no, not your beloved Bullguard, right? That can't possibly be, sacrilege!!! GOD SOFTWARE HAS NO BUGS!!! o_O

You have to accept that other people have other experiences than yourself with the same software while doing nothing wrong on their side. It's really, really hard for fanboys, sure. But try it for once.

Maybe it's time that you shut up and stop whining about me blaming Bullguard for my crappy experience? You had .. what .. 30 postings in this thread praising the new AV gods? Can I please say once or twice that I hated the program because it gave me the mentioned problems? (Search for that bug where people didn't have Google, Bing etc. results, I am not alone!) - I hope you can sleep knowing that someone on this earth doesn't like your favorite toys. *puppy*

My rather outdated (hardware) but perfectly working (OS) system is now running great again (as before), so at least I can say one positive thing: un-installation of Bullguard gave me no problem, no in fact it made all problems go away. :thumb: - And getting rid of your new love Admuncher (which your are clearly seem to be in a honeymoon with which is btw really painful to watch :rolleyes: ) was a great feeling too: my system is much faster and snappier without all the stuff you are "recommending" like you had an awakening or whatever it is ... so be happy with it, I was NOT and it ALL was a big waste of time to ME. My fault that I was listening to you, yes! - So forgive me if I am not singing the praise as I am not in your cult and never will be. o_O

That is MY opinion regarding BG (and Admuncher). Both are - at the moment - worthless to ME! - You can have your own opinion and think otherwise, but you don't have to tell it after every negative comment AGAIN. Or do you? :rolleyes:

I believe you that you didn't have problems and all is running fine for YOU (and others) with BG. But if you DID have problems like me you wouldn't be happy either and for sure not blaming your system first and foremost but the one software of course that makes your system suddenly run crappy! - So I did and you just have to live with that. :p

Conclusion: YES, Bullguard is OUT indeed! - Not getting any chance soon on MY system to do a better job than today when it totally FAILED. :thumbd:

You can fall in or stay in love with that product, I don't care. - My intention was to tell you about MY experience, not invalidating YOURS. If it runs it may be great software for some or many persons, but if it doesn't it is a waste of time, annoying and nobody would be happy about that. - I honestly never had such a horrible experience (AV) before like I did with Bullguard! And I don't believe that all or even many users of BG have that same bad experience, but some do and they should fix those bugs. Not my job, it's theirs. Until they do it's crap (=bad) to ME. You know, software has to work before I like it and of course on MY system, sorry that I am so selfish! :cool:

This was and still is such a big waste of time so please don't be angry if I am not answering again. ;) - I have unfortunately more important things to do than fighting with hurt fanboys over products I dislike, I just forgot for a moment and procrastinated, SORRY! :D

15. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

while i have not had that bad of a experience i will not be re-installing it on my pc either to be honest. i will not argue and im not saying anyone is right or wrong but i personally would not use it. it had good detection though i can say that. but i have some systems that are VERY fast and i could tell this was installed. lol i do competition overclocking and just for kicks ill install it on one of my dice setups and see how it does then...:D and then ill let you know if i see any slowdowns..and for the record im former ibm, a certified warranty tech for many major brands, schooled in certain program languages, and own and run a pc shop where we mainly deal with custom rigs but also service MANY major clients as well.. so no im not a newbie and no im not one of those "who needs a fresh install" i ALWAYS run a CLEAN image prior to installing any new av software i never uninstall then install another one. always back to a fresh updated win 7 x64 base image then install new av software for testing.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  16. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

oh shut up will you? Enough of your BulllGuard fanboyism now! you're happy with it so much go marry its developer but stop saying crap and misleading people like this!

KIS IS heavy I agree but BitDefender is exactly the same as BullGuard in terms of lightness!! I am not a fanboy of any product, I have tried both and have liceneses for both still but I choose BitDefender because it is simply a better product in terms of detection, and it is very light just as BullGuard is.

Why do you think BitDefender always comes out on TOP in AVA Comparative results? Go figure!

I am not trying to make this sound like an A vs B thing but this thread is about BullGuard so don't talk smack about other products just because you are in love with your BullGuard :rolleyes:

17. Bodhitree

Better check the mirror bro, you are the one posting Bit Defender troll posts in a Bullguard forum topic. Give me a break. Both you, and that angry German kid can go find a Bit Defender thread, this is for BG, including BG fanboism. If that bothers you guys, then by all means extract yourself from the thread, it would be a lot more peaceful around here without the angry kid rants. I'm a security profession, and I happen to enjoy informing people about BG simply because it is one of the few products to pass my QC and Threat Floods. Don't read more into it then you need to bro. I rarely visit forums, and this is a textbook example of why. Some of the most angry, vocal, and misguided people stalk forums, and I want no part of it. The only reason I re-registered after not using my old account(which actually is a developers acct) for 5 years was because I wanted to inform folks of HMP's customer treatment. So don't worry, now that we accomplished that, I will go away for another 5 years very soon. So relax, let things work themselves out. Ok?

Some people amaze me...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  18. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Dude, I was a BG user. Had a 7 year license which I bought using the 70% discount offered here.
    I used to praise it because it IS light and does sport the BitDefender engine.

But some quirks that annoyed me which include the outage that occured one day where you could not update it, nor access the backup partition, nor even install it because their server was down. It was bad luck? I guess so, but not being able to install it and activate its license and receive updates is a NO NO for a security product.

When I posted this on the BG forums they said, oh, this happens once every 5 years :rolleyes: well too bad I ain't gonnabe a part of that. Coupled with horrible customer support. I had BG installed on one computer and they accused me of having it installed on 7 computers and that I am using it illegally when it was simply reinstallations due to formats/going back to previous images I had because I was testing new drivers! That's the reality of it bro. BG is not great for everyone and Im glad you like it and are happy with it.

But don't come here saying BitDefender is heavy on resources. I am by no mean a BitDefender fan boy, want the proof? here, read this: Bitdefender Internet Security sucks! IS it just meh?

But after a while, BitDefender released a major update which fixed all the problems I mentioned in that thread and that's when I started using it again and was happy since then. But I don't go around telling people how great it is blindly because I am happy with it and I certainly do not state false facts about other products saying this is light or that is not without being sure.

Like I said, I agree with you KIS IS heavy but BitDefender being heavy? where on earth did you get such thing? It can't be heavy if your BG uses its engine anyway! BOTH ARE LIGHT!

So please, do us a favor, and take a 5 year rest we'll be much better off without your BG fanboyism

19. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Can we stop this silly argument? Bodhitree is speaking from his own experience; admittedly, it may be different to yours, but it doesn't mean he's wrong. By the same token, you're not wrong either.

If some people were to criticise the AV that you use, you'd be first to chime in saying that's not what you've come across in your experience.

Bodhitree said he found KIS to be heavy on his system, but I didn't when I tested it. I'm not going to go and say "it's your system, not the software". What I will say is that this clearly shows computers are damn complex machines with so many configurations possible. Is it any wonder we hear these stories of this & that not working when it does for others.

So, please, can we stop with the silly tirade, and discuss the possible reasons why Bullguard mightn't work for some while it does for others. There may be a common denominator, but, like I said before, it could be hard to find given the multitude of system configurations out there.

20. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Very well said TonyW. I never understood how people could fight over a piece of Software...

21. darts

darts Registered Member

Is it 100% compatible with windows 8 now then finaly??

22. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

23. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I am quite happy with Bullguard IS 2013 except for the following issues:

1) BG does not tell you if/when it is updating itself.

2) BG takes a fairly significant elapsed time for an update to finish, which is much longer than AVG IS took to update itself.

3) BG is slow to begin to update itself after boot.

4) The GUI is very simplistic; so much so that some may think that it is not a finished product or that it not a mature product.

Rant is over.... ;)

24. Bodhitree

Agreed somewhat.. Just click 'advanced' for the real options. But I LOVE the sparse interface! I agree on the update stuff, annoying but tolerable. Slowing boot because of updating is a bad idea, they really need to change it. In all fairness, I have a fast connection and computer, updates take 1-4 seconds. I just did one manually and it was done in 3 seconds. But the booting one is a bit stupid, I should be able to uncheck that option.

Otherwise, an outstanding product.

Every product seems to have stuff I don't like, Bullguard has 'less' stuff I do not like so I chose it. Eset for example, I like it a lot, but their ending development of Thunderbird plugins since version 5 is a huge turnoff on the product, and the 'half arsed' web filtering is a nail in that coffin.. No other product I tested I would run at this point other than Bullguard.

25. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Bodhitree,

Webroot SecureAnywhere, KIS, and Bullguard IS are the only three AV products I am recommending to clients and friends these days. Even with the Bullguard's "quirks" discussed earlier, it really is a very good product. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.