Build 826 Bad CD Messages

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by iflyprivate, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

I just experimented with build 826 and found a distressing message problem when restoring from CD's.

When you try to restore an image with the Recovery CD the message generated by TI8 is that the media is corrupt - do you want to retry or cancel. Well, the solution is ignore the wording of the message and insert the next CD and click retry. Everything proceeds fine.

The message should say insert the next CD not that the media is corrupt. The bad media message occurs everytime a disc change is necessary.

Hey, Acronis engineers........

Don't you folks ever try the revisions you make to see the flakey messages your program kicks out? Any uninitiated user would panic and go nuts with these kinds of wacky messages.

Please burn a few CD's and then reboot on your Recovery CD and go through the restore process. You really need to clean up this messy and misleading series of erroneous prompts and messages.

As I recall, this was not a problem with build 796. Your update fix seems to have broken something else.

2. Peter_41

Peter_41 Registered Member

I had a different problem but with the same message, and I concluded that the message was being generated by Roxio. If you have Roxio then you might review that as a possible source, but whether it is or isn't the source, incompatibilities in programs should be corrected by manufacturers if they want to retain customers.

3. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

I booted from the Recovery CD so these messages were TI8 generated from within the full Recovery CD program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.