Build 771 - SATA Promise 378 Drives Recognised

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MDB234, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDB234

MDB234 Registered Member

I have two SATA Promise 378 drives (250 Mb & 120 Mb). The regular boot CD freezes when asked to perform any function but the 'safe' mode boot CD recognises both drives.

Unfortunately there appears to be a bug in the create new image part of the boot CD in that when you enter a file name for the new image the 'next' button on the wizard remains 'grayed out' so you can't complete the operation. Still testing other operations.

By the way. I have Norton Ghost 9. It refuses to recognise my hard drives despite loading the Promise Drivers via the F6 function. Symantec support is appalling they just keep directing me to not very relevant knowledge-base pages and suggesting actions that I have already told them I have completed. Has anyone got this working with SATA Promise 378 drives?

Mike

2. MDB234

MDB234 Registered Member

Just successfully restored my 250GB C: Drive from an image saved on the 120GB D: Drive using a True Image rescue disk burnt in 'safe' mode. SATA Promise 378 drivers True Image Build 771.

Is anyone interested in this? If not, I won't report further tests.

Mike

3. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta Registered Member

MDB234,

Since your drives are of different size, I take it that you are not using RAID? I've also got the promise 378 drivers but I'm using RAID 0. I've had no luck at all with any build, any version.

I'm glad someone has this product working.

4. MDB234

MDB234 Registered Member

Red

The drives are set as two separate RAID arrays but are in fact two drives (not mirrored or striped). The regular version of the boot disk freezes when you try to perform any operation but the safe mode has done it for me.

Hope you get it working.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.