Bugs in defence wall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ako, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ako

ako Registered Member

I had to uninstall my GAOD version of Defence Wall.

I had two problems:

1) When started, IE runs without window. System tray icon of DF says I'm running it, but IE is not always found in its process list.

When starting new IE:s, 2nd or 3rd will appear with window normally.

2) When firefox fetched updates, I could not install them at all. Not by closing FF and then running FF as trusted, nor even with running the complete installation file as trusted. The message was something like : cannot write firefox.exe.

What did I do wrong? Would swithing off autoupdate and then updating manually have worked?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  2. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Defensewall created endless copies of system files in my Firefox profiles folder. Apparently it is a known bug but I wasn't too happy about that.

3. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

ako, contact me to suport [at] softsphere [dot] com, I'll send you a recent build of the driver. As about FF updates- I would recommend you disable it within "Untrusted applications" list and update.

Pinga, all you need is just update FF and its extensions. Also, this could be the issue already solved with the next version driver's build- contact me.

4. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

Thanks for taking care of this, Ilya. My Firefox 2.0.0.11 profiles folder (about 4 MB and all extensions absolutely up to date) increased in size by about 50% after installing Defensewall. Perhaps you can provide a link to the driver update as I imagine more people - who may not know it yet - will be facing this problem.

5. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

I provide direct support for GAOTD version users only. Ie, if you have any problems with DW, you need mail me and cooperate to solve an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.