Bugs and Suggestions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by iNsuRRecTioN, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hi,

here some suggestions and bugs of the 11b Beta NOD32 modules.

Suggestions:
    -nod32krn.exe process/task uses too much of RAM and the process/task don't free up/reduce the memory/RAM usage after a while (some running time)

-Possibility to "exclude" directly (by means of a button) an item if the "virus warning/detection" is displayed

-If you scan with NOD32 on-demand in "scan mode" and at the end in the report are infections found,
    you have scan with NOD32 on-demand in the "clean mode" again :(
    So please integrate an ability to select an entry in the report and now you can delete or take any action to that item entry by means of the right-click (Not only the option clean in the right-click menu..).
    So you don't have to scan in "clean mode" again ;-)

Bug:
    -The RAM/memory reduction function of nod32kui.exe don't work correct. It free up the memory/RAM after minimize to tray, but after some running time the RAM/memory usage increase.. (from under 1 MB up to 5 MB of RAM) :(

-Internet slowdown (with ADSL in German) if http scan is active in Imon module in the new 11b modules :(

I use Windows 2000 Pro SP4 and Internet Explorer.

thx and best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

I haven't had any infections to test this with but I thought I read a post where Marcos said you could just right click on the entry in the log and get the option to clean the infection without having to run the scan again in clean mode.

3. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

thx, yes there is an "clean" option, but nothing more, no delete option or other actions :(

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

4. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Yes, but when you press over Clean, a message appear with some options; clean (if available), terminate, delete...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.