BufferZone 4 Beta.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by kjdemuth, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Just got an email from bufferzone for beta testing on ver 4.0.

"You are receiving this email because you have been selected as a Beta Tester of the upcoming BufferZone Pro v. 4.00.

As a Beta Tester, you will be expected to help shape BufferZone Pro by providing feedback and submitting to us any issues you may find.

We appreciate your help in making the BufferZone Pro v. 4.00 experience the best it can be!

In addition, you can now communicate with our BufferZone Beta Team. In the problem report, you can outline any problems you experience with the Beta, and let us know of any great ideas you have for new features."

Don't know if anyone else uses it but I'm hoping that they have made some improvements. I'll be testing it out latter to see how it runs.
    Version 3 wasn't that bad and it was free as well. I'm hoping that version 4 will be a bit more polished and more responsive.

2. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

thanks for the heads up :thumb:

3. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

version 4 should support x64 system (win7 ) , i hope its does :)

4. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

The email that I got shows support for 64 bit. Going to give it a try and see how it goes.

5. operamail

operamail Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Glad to see more choices on 64bit.

6. David2041

David2041 Registered Member

Is the download link ready ? I registered for the beta but have not got the reply,maybe i am not selected:doubt:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  7. operamail

operamail Registered Member

Yes, the download link is ready and I heard some good words about this beta working on 64bit.:)

8. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

Hi,

I'm trying this one out. Can you guys me give me some tips as to how to use it effectively? Been using SBIE since 2007 and just wanted to try this one out if this will suffice for a pal's pc.

Any settings that I need to know of?

How about pdf printing....will it allow it(CIS's won't, Avast Sandbox does alongside SBIE)..?

How about downloads with BZPro? I remember I had a problem with Avast's Sandbox--lost all that I downloaded :( so went back to SBIE.

How about the development...? Seems to be a promsing app here but I seem to see that it's going the way of GesWall...Any ideas please..?

Thanks and will wait for your share of ideas.

9. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  10. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

Think I can use this with RollbackRX?

11. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

12. CogitoTesting

I'm going to test it tonight; but could tell us what good words you have heard? :).

Thanks

13. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Can you install software inside bufferzone like sandboxie? Does the 64 bit version of bufferzone has the same protection like sandboxie?
    Can you force any programs to run in bufferzone?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  14. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

So far v4 RC fails the Quaresso leak tests when the test tool is in the bz with the browser. When the browser is run outside of the bz but the leak tool is IN the bz; BZ 4 only fails the clipb oard monitoring test.

15. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

You can install programs in BZ but is not like in SBIE. On BZ, installed programs are all in one sandbox instead of dedicated separate sandboxes. To get rid of the installed program, in Sandboxie the program is gone when you delete the contents. In BZ, you uninstall the program. So, you can install programs using SBIE or BZ but they do it differently.

This is going to be their first 64 bit version, most likely wont be as good as SBIEs.

The answer to your last question is yes, sort of, since you can add programs to a list of programs that will always run under the protection of Buffer Zone.

Bo

16. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Well I wish this would have happened about a month ago before I got AppGuard, oh well, I prefer AppGuard more anyway since it's more like DefenseWall then BZ.

Can someone test how this BZ fares against some fake AVs and the Ransom LockEmAll?

17. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

After installing I found out that for now the protected sites appear to only work in IE.
    Worse, though, is the pop up I kept getting that I could not open Firefox since it was already running. And that I would have to reboot to fix the problem if I couldn't shut it down. FF was not running.
    BZ is also not compatible with Trusteer Rapport.
    For now BZ is off my pc. Will try again in a month or 2.
    Hugger

18. kupo

kupo Registered Member

One more question, does it offer a right click, run in bufferzone feature?

19. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Yes it does.

20. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Cool, I'm kinda thinking in replacing sandboxie with this. But the support forum of bufferzone looks abandoned, unlike sandboxie's forums.

21. kjdemuth

RC 4.0 is actually running rather smoothly for me. It is more responsive and hasn't locked up yet. I think its improve over the last version. The installer was quicker and didn't hang up. Opening browsers is smooth and has no delay. You can add any folder to the confidential list. It also lets you have control over external devices.
    Do I like it better than sandboxie? No. I do think its a good alternative and its free.

22. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

thanks for the installer.. going to try:thumb:

23. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

Anyone using Bufferzone know a way to disable the firewall component? I see that there is a firewall there. I want to use it with Outpost Pro but I can't make it work. The firewall may be of conflict there.

24. kjdemuth

Delete all the rules under the firewall. I can't find any other way to disable it.

25. CogitoTesting

My experience thus far is not a positive one. My system crashed and will not boot up. I do not think it is a release candidate even though Trustware says it is. :thumbd:.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.