BSOD Returnil 2010

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by evilc1, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilc1

evilc1 Registered Member

Just installed and tried to activate the System Safe, got BSOD ended up restoring to earlier OS point as it totally locked system, any suggestions/help would be appreciated.
    My OS is Win 7 64bit and tried to install Returnil 2010 lux.

tia.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi evilc1 and welcome to the forums :)

Please check your system for the following files and send them with a reference to this thread to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com:

* C:\Windows\rvs3.log
    * C:\Windows\rvs3-inst.log
    * MSINFO32 report**
    * C:\Windows\MINIDUMP***
    * C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP****

** Click START > RUN > Type MSINFO32. On the System Information screen click FILE > Export and then save the file where you can find it to attach to your reply.

*** Look for files with the same time and date as your most recent BSOD when RVS was installed

**** This file may be too large to send via e-mail attachment. If this is true, please let me know and I can get you setup to send it to us via FTP upload.

Mike

3. evilc1

evilc1 Registered Member

Mike,

You are right, I have placed the files into a zip file and it's 112MB in size!
    Definitely need help in sending this.

Clive

4. Coldmoon

Hi Clive,
    See your PM for the login details.

Thanks
    Mike

5. evilc1

evilc1 Registered Member

Can you confirm receiving file, not sure but think it went twice? The file should be named error.zip.

Thanks,

6. Coldmoon

Archive received and only one copy was uploaded - thanks

Mike

7. Coldmoon

Hi Clive,
    Thank you for the logs and dumps. The QC team has reviewed them and they have some initial feedback and one request to re-send one of the logs:

1. Does the BSOD happen every time you try to turn on the RVS System Safe virtualization or does it happen randomly?

2. Please make a new MSINFO32 log. Your upload included the executable file rather than the log file output.

3. This appears it may be related to a driver conflict between the RVS virtualization and a driver belonging to O&O DiskImage 5 Pro. The crash information is pointing towards the oodisrh.sys file belonging to O&O.

To test this, could you try temporarily uninstalling DiskImage 5 Pro and see if the BSOD issue is resolved?

Thanks
    Mike

8. evilc1

evilc1 Registered Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help in fixing my problem.

Diskimage was the culprit, have run RSV with various computer settings and seems to be running normal.
    Now that I can run it, in Safe mode (VD) is there a way that I can automatically save my mail to the real disk? From what I understand, in the file manager you can only specify a folder or single file. I see it can be done in browse files VD, but to get to the correct folders is a real hassle.

Thanks,

9. Coldmoon

Hi Clive,
    No, this is a feature we are working on and testing in the Labs version with file/folder exclusions, but it will not be available in the 3x series until the final virtual engine upgrade/integration.

Some ways to deal with this:

1. On-Line and/or IMAP accounts. E-mails are saved on the server so you would not loose them with a restart

2. Export of mail message files to an alternate partition

3. (ref: MS Outlook): Backup your messages and profiles to a PST file and then import the PST following a restart

Mikw

10. evilc1

evilc1 Registered Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that, will play around with a few idea for saving mail.

11. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I hate to hijack this thread, but I appear to have the same problem. I got a BSOD while trying to manually enter System Safe mode. I can only offer you the following files, because they are all I have:

C:\Windows\rvs3.log
    MSINFO32 report
    C:\Windows\MINIDUMP

I also have a Windows 7 x64 system. The BSOD was attributed to a driver conflict error caused with udfs.sys/

Bugcheck code: 0x9B (0x14031C, 0xFFFFF88002FF4868, 0xFFFFF88002FF40D0, 0xFFFFF80002ADA354)
    Error: UDFS_FILE_SYSTEM

This does not appear to happen all the time. Also, I am not running an imaging program that uses real-time drivers.

12. Coldmoon

When this happens, are you by any chance trying to view a file on or access a DVD/BlueRay disk?

Mike

13. n8chavez

No. I'm not using either of my optical drives at that time.

14. Coldmoon

Ok, Send the following to us via support (dash) tech (at0 returnil (dot) com:

C:\Windows\rvs3.log
    MSINFO32 report
    C:\Windows\MINIDUMP
    C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP (if it exists. May be too large to send by e-mail so let me know and will get you FTP access to upload it directly to our servers)

Mike

15. n8chavez

Well, I said before that I do not have the memory.dmp; my system is configured for minidump. But I can send the other three files, with a subject pointing to this thread.

16. Coldmoon

Ok - thanks

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.