BRVP? need help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by notageek, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

OK I have this dell and I have this Modem oh Hold this I want to un install. Well when I go to Add/Remove and try to un install it I gat this erro saying: An installation support file could not be install. The system cannot find file specified." I tried to re install the porgram over the other and than tried to un install and still no luck. I think the file it's talking about is the installtion file that it's reffering to. I contaked dell support about this but they didn't respond yet and it's been a few days. Is there a way I can uninstall it through the registry or somewhere else? It's a 2 mb file and I want it gone.

2. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

Get a "Startup list"...go here to get it:

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/~merijn/files/startuplist.zip

This will give you a good idea of what's going on to begin with...go from there...

3. notageek

Thanks but this is a Modem On hold Program from Dell. But I got it tooken off. All I did was delete all the files from the program folder (the BVRP files) and deleted all the files from the registry and than installed it and than uninstalled it and it worked like a charm.

4. Bdiamond

Bdiamond Registered Member

Have you tried to uninstall the file from the safe mode? Its a little hard to tell exactly what your problem is but sometimes this will work. In any case there is very little risk involved if it fails.

Bdiamond

5. notageek

I got it uninstalled already. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.