Browser Questions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I like the layout of it. I have FF skinned to look like Chrome with various add-ons and such. I wish you could have more than 8 sites on the Speed Dial page though and I wish it could be tabbed to have multiple tabs for different types of sites. In FF I have Speed Dial setup to have 3 tabs all with different types of sites in each tab. The first tab is my most visited sites: email, wilders, car audio sites I frequent and some news sites. Tab 2 is my torrenting sites, and tab 3 is PC magazines and a few Ziff Davis publications and the rest is all in bookmarks that are managed with XMarks.

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Yeah I am starting to like the layout of Chrome related browsers. I just downloaded the portable version of Iron for now to check it out. I just wish it was updated more often.

Would you mind sharing how you got FF to look like Chrome? FF is still my main browser and has been for many years. Will be hard to pry me away that is for sure. Thanks!

3. whitedragon551

FF addons:

New Tab Homepage
    SpeedDial (A must for the Chrome look)
    XMarks
    ABP
    ABP Element Hider
    Chromifox Companion (A must for the Chrome Look)

Theme:

Chromifox Extreme

Screenshot:

http://lookpic.com/d2/i2/1338/jNcfVZzW.jpeg

4. Trooper

Thank you for everything. Why ABP Element Hider though? I will check out SpeedDial as well. Looks cool!

5. whitedragon551

Some sites arent in the ABP and its easy to pick any element on a page and hide it if I dont want to see it.

6. Trooper

Sweet. May just check it out after all. Thanks again for your help.

7. whitedragon551

ChromePlus is gone.

The admins havent responded to my issue in about a week. I dont have time to use half working software so its out and a new Chrome based browser is in. I just have to find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.