Brilliant Digital

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by crimlin02, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crimlin02

crimlin02 Registered Member

I'm a first time poster. I have a problem with Brilliant Digital which has been identified as a trojan.

I have tried the following programs to remove it and it still remains: Spyware protection from AOL, ScanSpyware, Ad-Aware SE Personal, Microsoft AntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, CWShredder, Spybot-S&D (advanced mode), SpyWareNuker as well as following directions to remove it and all its components from the computer's registry.

There is a posting from 2002 on this website for a free anti spyware program but the links are no longer valid.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Nora

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

3. crimlin02

Thank you. I will try both program. Hopefully one will work.

Nora

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Manual removal is possible, from Doxdesk :
    :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  5. crimlin02

Thank you, Don, but I had done all that you suggests. That why I'm beside myself. I can't understand why it's still there. It doesn't make sense. The last software I bought, ScanSpyware had me use "Highjackthis" software to list the log. It still did not remove it.

The tech support looked at the log and said there was an issue that they couldn't resolve currently but were working on it.

I had hoped someone else had resolved this. One thing I should mention, I noticed there was Altnet listed in the registry. I was not told to remove it. Should I?

Thanks.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Crimlin02, welcome to Wilders.

At this point I would suggest posting your Hijack This Log at CastleCops.com. Be sure to read their posting policy in the links at their log review forum section prior to posting.

Once your system is clean I would suggest that you take a look here: Why did I get infected in the first place? Also, for further information on security and how to make your system that much stronger, see here, as well there are discussions here and even more here.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

7. crimlin02

Hi Blackspear,

I did as you suggested and posted my Hijack This Log at CastleCops.com. Apparently there was nothing noticed in the log according to CastleCops. That doesn't make sense since the Scan Spyware tech support noted there was an issue with Brilliant Digital in the Hijack This log I had sent to them.

Since it comes up with Spybot S&D software, I decided to send a log from their software. The issue still shows up with Spybot. I haven't gotten a reply from Spybot S&D yet.

Nora

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.