Bork Tuesday, Any Problems Yet?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

'Select the updates you want to install'
    1342016.jpg
    How about if I don't want any of them? :argh:

2. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

How is that so incredibly funny?
    If you don't want updates, not even the security updates, simply deselect them, or don't run WU at all, until you decide to install the updates later on (or not).

3. hiten

hiten Registered Member

Thank you for the update.

Does anyone else experience long waiting time after hiding these KB updates? After hiding these updates related to Windows 10, I have to wait for very long time, Windows Update just keeps checking for updates for more than one hour.

I feel like this is the way Microsoft punish me for not upgrading to Windows 10.

4. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I have W7 and have no April updates yet. I did a manual WU yesterday but it never stopped and showed a list of updates so i had to restart in order to stop it and get the high memory and cpu back to normal. After restart the manual update seemed to start again by itself with high memory and cpu but just never ended with a list of updates so i had to change the setting to never check for updates and restart again to stop the svchost with high memory and cpu looking for updates.

5. hiten

hiten Registered Member

Yup, I have exactly the same problem. FYI, if you keep waiting, it will eventually finish and display the list of updates.

But you have to wait very long, I usually leave it overnight. The price to pay for rejecting Windows 10 upgrade :(

6. Dragon1952

Is April the first month that you had a long wait to get a list of updates. I have not had this problem for at least 6 months and maybe more.

7. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I also had to wait little longer than usually - it took half an hour to check for updates and another half to download them.

8. hiten

hiten Registered Member

Nope, been having this problem since the last 3-4 months.

9. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I was going for funny ironic. Unfortunately, there isn't a smiley for that. :confused:

10. Dragon1952

11. Dragon1952

12. haakon

haakon Guest

I always wait 10 days to run WU, monitoring the tech feeds and forums for details from all the nice folks testing it for me. Been doing that for about a decade.

Well, 11 days for when 10 is a Friday the 13th. Like next month. :eek:

13. pegas

pegas Registered Member

14. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Has anyone noticed that KB3139929 (52.0 MB) has disappeared (I had it hidden)?

KB3148198 (52.0 MB) is the new one for Internet Explorer, different from the above, yet they are the same file size. :cautious:

15. Dragon1952

9929 has disappeared for me too along with all the past monthly removal tool kb's

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  16. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

On Windows 10-pro yesterday updates came in while I was listening to something on youtube. When I was done listening, I allowed Win10 to reboot so it could finish the updating. That SILENCED my box. Update removed my Realtek HD audio driver and now there is no sound. Can't update the driver - it says something about the need for interactive session when I tried to have Windows update it through Device manager. No idea where to go from here. Realtek? Lenovo? it's for Thinkpad T430s. I looked in both places, everything looks obsolete, older than what I have on Windows7. And I don't know how to use whatever it is I might download.

17. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Good to know; thanks!

18. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

If it was a driver update, simply visit Windows Device Manager and roll-back that device driver and re-boot the computer.

19. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Working on Macrium backup images right now, and researching the list of updates that MS is offering.
    So far I see 2952664 (the upgrade compatibility headache) is back, no matter how many times I put it in a gunny sack and drop it in the river.
    Researching these updates has become quite the time-consuming chore.
    At least I have developed a system whereby I can cross-check all updates offered over the last year or so, and what my actions have been for each one. I suppose with the Macrium back ups, I could just let her rip, but the fewer times I restore images, the better, as far as I'm concerned.
    Good luck everybody, if/when you decide to install these little bundles of joy.

20. Dragon1952

21. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

Same here, gone from the hidden files. Another M$ tactic. But have no fear, M$ will stuff it in another update. Time is getting close to the cut off date. So now they will try any evil way to make you get Win 10. If they get away with this forcing Win 10 on people, what's next with M$. Don't worry there's more ahead M$ will do against the peoples will. I don't like being micromanaged, especially when I paid for Win 7 that I want to keep. I'll be transferring my files to my new computer within the next few weeks and this M$ BS is over for me. :thumb: :D

22. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

They might already have in the new KB3148198, given the same file size, and "if" they made it a cumulative update.

23. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Ew! That is truly horrifying! :eek:
    Better not bury it at the Pet Sematary, either.

I already hid KB2952664 and KB3035583 of course, and seven optional or recommended updates are still in limbo, for me to decide which will be hidden and which may be installed. The nine 'important' updates were all installed, including KB3148851 the cumulative update rollup for time zone data. I have seen no ill effects. So far so good.

24. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Sorry for the watery imagery, but somehow the cats with nine lives came to mind when thinking of these damn hidden updates that reappear each month.
    Same here. Backups are waiting in the wings, and I've installed updates on one machine. Testing it now.
    Almost ready to install updates on my other 7x64 machine. All updates look plausible to me, other than the aforementioned 2952664.

25. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Decided to update this one. No signs of IE11 Win10 nag. Checked with Never10 & GWX Control Panel: all good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.