Bork Tuesday, Any Problems Yet?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

2. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

http://www.eteknix.com/new-windows-7-and-8-1-update-casuing-trouble-and-crashes/
    "Some users are experiencing trouble with network login and the ASUS audio product users are also having trouble. Windows 7 users are also reporting the update to crash system gadgets on the desktop. Those issues haven’t been addressed by Microsoft yet, but they are aware of trouble with the patch and fixed one issue already.

When the patch was released, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users experienced problems when opening HTML formatted emails in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 where the email program would crash completely. This issue has been resolved, but users that installed it on Tuesday will have to uninstall the update and install it again to fix this issue".“Bulletin revised to inform customers running Windows 7 that the 3097877 update has been re-released to address an issue that caused crashes for some customers when they viewed certain emails. Customers who previously installed update 3097877 should reinstall the update to correct this known issue. See Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 3097877 for more information.”

3. Dragon1952

4. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  5. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

Microsoft is getting to be a Royal PITA to Win 7 and Win 8 users. I believe this big push for Win 10 will backfire on M$ sooner or later. I paid for Win 7 and I should be able to keep it without the harassment from M$ to upgrade. I am fed up with M$ to a point that by the end of this year I'll have all my important documents on a new Mac Desktop Computer and I'm thinking about putting my wife on a Mac also. I never thought I would buy a Mac, so Thank You M$ for pushing me into it. I know my nightmares will be over picking and choosing KB updates. I'm hoping Mac will be better since this will be my first one.
    Sincerely,
    Fed Up With Microsoft!

6. Dragon1952

I still have 7877 but now it is unchecked instead of checked like it was on tuesday. Does that mean that it was pulled and now i have the revised 7877. The revised 7877 only had one issue fixed out of many, so i am still not installing 7877 yet.

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

KB3097877 has appeared as Important again, but now Optional KB3095649 has gone bye-bye for the second time. o_O

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Call me crazy, but this morning I restored my earlier image of 7, and now I'll hold off for 7-10 days like I should have the first time... :)

9. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

10. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Well it comes to personal opinion really, but I absolutely hate Macs. In my opinion the Mac operating system is really badly designed, and in comparsion with Windows, it seems that a lot of thought has gone into the design of Windows, and very little into OS X.

I know a lot of people will disagee with me, but that's my opinion anyway. Before you ditch Windows for a Mac, I highly recommend you spend some time using a Mac to see if you actually like them. I don't have any of the issues that you and other here have with Windows Updates. I always let Windows install all recommended updates and never have any issues at all. I guess over many years of using Windows, I've only had one or two issues caused by updates.

11. Daveski17

Yeah, I'm glad I made an image just before Borkday. lol

12. Daveski17

I'm pretty certain my next desktop computer will be an iMac. Last year I nearly bought a MacBook but at the last minute I changed my mind and bought a Lenovo preinstalled with Ubuntu. I'm looking forward to the day when I'm finally Windows free and running UNIX based machines (Apple, Android & Ubuntu). I still like Win 7 a lot, unfortunately, M$ don't anymore.

13. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

No problems here on Win 8 and Vista...

14. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I pretty much agree with you.. My next computer/desktop will be an iMac for sure, and although I like 7 a lot too, I'm seriously thinking of going with Ubuntu for now. I really do think MS is trying to tank 7 and hoping everyone will adopt 10.

15. Daveski17

Yeah, Win 7 was just too good, M$ just can't follow it.

16. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I do have a 10 image, but honestly, there isn't anything in 10 that I really want or need. And it's still fairly buggy and glitchy at times. No thanks....

17. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux

18. Daveski17

It might be alright in a couple of years. lol

19. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Haha.. I don't know.. in a couple of years it might be completely unrecognizable! :)

20. Daveski17

Hopefully it'll look and perform like Win 7 but better. Sorry, I must have been dreaming ...

21. Dragon1952

In case you’re wondering, KB3097877 is an update that’s specifically developed to address a vulnerability in OpenType fonts, with Microsoft saying that attackers who successfully exploit it can get the same privileges as the logged-on user. This is clearly a major risk, so the company had better look into reports and fix the problems as soon as possible.

22. quietman

quietman Registered Member

Yes ... I second that , most certainly.

Once upon a time they had two good quality products .... XP and W7 .

Microsoft are now clearly moving their core business interests out of software and into the harvesting and broking of user data.
    They simply have nothing significant to offer anymore , in the operating system sector , and they know it !

Sadly there is a growing trend in our wonderful modern world towards assuming that "Newer " must mean " Better ".
    And it appears to be deeply connected with the great " Dumbing Down " that is steadily creeping across this planet.

23. Daveski17

Yes, dummification is a worrying trend. M$ are getting pretty good at it though, either that or they're just dummies. ;)

24. Daveski17

The only problem with that is that I don't know whether I trust Microsoft enough to fix KB3097877 properly.

25. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Wait till the official second year of W10 and the $100yr subscription rate kicks in.

That'll be a busy time here. That'll add 10k members to Wilders, easy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.