Bootable self-restore CD (TIE)... possible?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by atlhivemind, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atlhivemind

atlhivemind Registered Member

Is it possible using trueImage Echo to create a customized boot CD that contains an image to be deployed and have the command line script to restore said image to a hard drive accessable from the boot menu (or barring the acronis boot menu, a compatable bootloader)?

I am looking to create a self-restore CD

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello atlhivemind,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corprorate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that when you back up to CD or DVD media, you have an option to make that media bootable with any of components available for creating of Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, or also Acronis Snap Restore option.
    You can find details and instructions in chapter "Creating backup archives", paragraph "Media components" of the respective User's Guide.
    There are no other options to make a backup CD/DVD bootable in Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

Is it possible to make a bootable USB stick with an image instead of a DVD?

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Yes, there's an entire thread devoted to doing just that ... sorry, don't know the link, but a search should find it for you.

5. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

6. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

I plan to use true image echo. I'm going to create a bootable dvd or usb drive for installing the image onto hundreds of PC's. Once I install the image onto the PC, I sell the PC.

Is this a proper way to use the product?

I considered snap deploy but I don't own these pc's so it doesn't make sense to buy a license for each one.

7. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Kurtd,
    You still need a license for every different computer you restore an image to, unless the new computer is replacing its dead counterpart.

The other hurdle is the Microsoft OS Licensing. If you capture the image before a key is entered and before the OS is activated you should be OK (in my opinion, could be wrong though). This would allow the end user to enter their OS Key and activate it.

Back to the Acronis licensing...
    You might want to chat with Acronis about OEM licenses since you are talking about hundreds of them. This will allow you to sell the PC's with Acronis TI pre-installed, which would be a great selling point also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.