Bootable Rescue Media (wish for options)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hwj, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwj

hwj Registered Member

On my older laptop the Acronis True Image Rescue Media Builder recognizes only the floppy disk drive.
    The CD-recorder of other PC's connected to the network is recognized by Windows 2000 but is not offered on the Acronis selection list.

Is there another option than floppy disks, to create a bootable CD for this laptop?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hwj,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 9.0 has a capability of creating Bootable Rescue CD using local CD burner only (CD burner which is connected to the computer locally). It does not allow you to burn Bootable Rescue CD over the network.

Please note that you can also create Bootable Rescue Media on a USB Flash Drive. However, this drive should be formatted as FAT32 and recognized as a removable media. You may also find this previous thread interesting.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

If you have another PC with a CD burner, you will be able to create your Recovery CD on there and it will work on your laptop. Just make sure that you uninstall the software from the other machine as soon as you have burnt the CD, otherwise you will be breaking the licensing conditions.:cool:

4. hwj

hwj Registered Member

Ozmaniac, thanks for your suggestion.

The boot CD prepared on another PC does not work in full version, only in the safe version. It is then possible to use the Acronis secure zone but not the Gigabyte drives on my LAN.
    On my Acer Travelmate with 10 Gb I have insufficient space for a secure zone, so this is not a practical solution.

The Acronis suggestion of creating the bootable rescue media on a USB stick works, but the laptop cannot boot from an USB stick.

I wonder if it is possible (and how!) to write the data from the USB rescue media to a CD and make this CD bootable.

Thanks for your attention.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Alexey,

I have created the bootable rescue media on three different USB flash drive and in each case they had to be formatted as FAT (not FAT32) otherwise they wouldn't boot.

Kind regards

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Menorcaman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated. We will take into account your valuable remarks.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.