Bootable rescue CD ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sgrb, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgrb

sgrb Registered Member

Arconis Bootable Rescue Media CD is not enough ( I see WinPE , BartPE are used ) ?
    Many thanks.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The rescue CD uses Linux and the drivers included are inadequate for some hardware. BartPE and VistaPE are Windows based which tends to have a better driver selection.

If the rescue CD works on your system then it is all you need. Even if it doesn't work, you can contact Acronis and they will likely provide you with a .iso file to make a CD that will work on your PC.

I have never needed anything but the TI rescue CD on my machines.

You should do a test restore using the boot CD to a spare drive to ensure it will work when you really need it. If you don't want to do that, the next best thing, is to boot up the rescue CD and Validate your archive with it. If that works, go through the Restore Wizard as if you were going to do a restore but Cancel out at the screen requesting you click on Proceed to do that actual restore.

3. sgrb

sgrb Registered Member

> You should do a test restore using the boot CD to a spare drive to ensure it will >work when you really need it.
    Not enough free space....
    > If you don't want to do that, the next best thing, is to boot up the rescue CD and >Validate your archive with it.
    Validation fine.

> If that works, go through the Restore Wizard as if you were going to do a restore >but Cancel out at the screen requesting you click on Proceed to do that actual >restore.
    Fine .

I hope will be always OK....
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.