bootable cds

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by philebus, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philebus

philebus Registered Member

Just a quick question regarding marking a bootable cd for TI and Disk Director. I only have CD-RW disks at present. Are these OK for making bootable disks, or is it better to make them on CD-Rs?

thanks

2. dld

dld Registered Member

I use CD-RW disks for making Acronis Rescue Media disks. That way, if there's an update, I can just erase the disk and burn another one after having installed the update.

BTW, I really like the options given for creating an Acronis Rescue Media disk in Disk Director. First of all you are given the option of including all your Acronis products:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2015/screenshot018jn1.jpg

Secondly they've finally included the option of burning your disk from an ISO image:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8335/screenshot016bg9.jpg

For me that means no more fiddling around with my burner when burning directly from Acronis. I use Nero to burn my ISO images. There are also free programs that will do it including Alex Feinman's ISO Recorder Power Toy which you can find here.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Does the True Image (Full version) included in the Rescue Media disks capable of creating backup images in addition to restoring images, by running True Image from the CD? This can save the work of creating a Bart-PE with True Image plug-in in order to create backup images of the harddisks from the CD. Thanks...

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes the ATI rescue media can create images as well as restore.

5. philebus

philebus Registered Member

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I will use CD-RW disks.

In relation to burning the rescue disks with Disk Director as recommended by 'dld', this would be handy because one can use it to burn disks for both TI and DD. But I do recall, however, that someone wrote on these forums that one has to burn separate rescue disks for TI and DD. Is that still the case now that DD 10 seems to give you the option of doing both disks on one CD?

thanks

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes if u have both applications (preferably latest version), u can make an "all-in-one" cd.

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Thanks for the information...:)

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello philebus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that as dld mentioned the new Acronis Bootable Media Builder is able to create bootable media for every Acronis product installed on the computer, or one bootable disk for several products.

Please note that it is up to you to create a singe Bootable Media for several Acronis Products or to create a separate Bootable Media for each product.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.