Boot manager problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Atomas31, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I just got my new PC with a motherboard Asus P8 Z77-v LX with two discs : 1 HDD Western Digital (1TB) and 1 SSD intel 520 (60gb) wich I want to use with the intel SRT...

Since I want to reinstall my FD-ISR, when installing Windows 7 familly edition, I make sure that there wasn't the 100Mb partition that windows 7 create.

Everything seems good except I can't use SRT or reinstall any software that need to install into MBR without being unable afterward to enter into windows and receiving the message ''bootmgr is missing''. What I see in my disk management is that I have windows 7 (C:) on my HDD and nothing on my SSD cache (B:)... The problem appears to be that my system start from my ATAPI iHAS124 C (D:)?!?!?

I tried a repair and I could only see my Windows 7 (D:) (wich is associated with my ATAPI iHAS124 C)?!?!? and if I open the command console, I see : X:\sources (what is that X drive and where did it come from?).

I don't know what goes wrong with my installation (wich I tried a few times ;-) but now, how do I make my D (associates with my DVD reader - ATAPI iHAS124 C) become my C (associated with my HDD western Digital) and how can I integrated the X drive to my Co_O?

For some reasons, I believe that the invisible x drive contains the MBR...

Thanks,

2. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

After further investigation, it appears that the boots have been place on my drive B (SSD) and the rest on my C (HDD)...

Is there a way to merge what is on B to what is on C?

Thanks,

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.