boot different partitions

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by davidnagel, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidnagel

davidnagel Guest

Hiya,

Just got hold of Disk Director and wondered...

when I start the computer, the boot selector loads up and shows me my current C: drive operating system.

question is, if I boot the computer from another windows xp cd and install windows on another physical harddrive, does acronic selector see this and i can boot from this drive instead?

i wondered if this was possible because i'd like to have two different boot environments, my current configuration and another one for other things...

thanks.
    david.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management Software.

Acronis OS Selector is a powerful, reliable and easy-to-use boot manager that allows several operating systems on a single PC and lets you create different configurations for any OS installed. With Acronis OS Selector you can:

- Install several different operating systems on a single PC.
    - Load installed operating systems from any hard disk partition.
    - Load installed operating systems from under Windows.
    - Install several operating systems on a single partition.
    - Hide or protect with a password any operating system on your PC.
    - Duplicate installed operating systems and define different configurations for each copy.

Please read Chapter 8. "Installing and using several operating systems on a single PC" on page 96 of our users guide.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.