Boot Client from hard disk after successful deployment

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by thanasis, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanasis

thanasis Registered Member

Hi,

I successfully used Snap Deploy v.2 to create an image from a client through PXE booting using Acronis Master Image Creator in PXE Server.
    After changing PXE server to implement Acronis Snap Deploy Agent, I also successfully deployed the image to a client using PXE booting.

However, after the deployment is completed the client needs to reboot or shutdown.
    When the client restarts it apparently follows the instructions served by the PXE server and redownloads the same image it already has.

How can I customize the PXE server to ignore any requests made by clients that have already been served, so that they can boot from their hard drive from now on.
    Alternatively, how can I customize the PXE server to automatically select "Windows" after a certain time-out, if client has already been served.

I want to have PXE server continuously running, and if PCs are found that have not be served a certain template-image, a deployment should start.
    However, any PCs booting that have been served at least once should be redirected to boot from their hard drives or should be declined any PXE request.

Thank You for your time,
    thanasis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.