Boot-CD doesn't start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mister_P., Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister_P.

Mister_P. Registered Member

Hi,

I need to restore an image I created as my hardrive crashed. But when I boot off the Acronis Boot CD, the screen stays black after I saw the acronis screen. I have version 8 and an acer 1692. I know that this problem occured sometimes with this version and this pc, but i dont know how to fix it.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Try the boot CD in another computer to see if it will boot all the way to the Acronis menu.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Mister_P,

My wife has an Acer Aspire 1691 and needed to use the acpi=off noapic workaround detailed at II in the <Acronis Support sticky> in order to boot successfully from a TI 8.0 Build 937 bootable rescue CD. Note that the procedure provided for entering the Linux command prompt is for later versions of TI. For TI 8.0 you need to press F11 as soon as you see the "Starting Acronis loader" message (i.e. before it loads the graphical user interface).

No such problem when using the TI 9.0 rescue CD.

Regards

4. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

The solution may very well be in Menorcaman's preceding post. If not, should you be using a USB external drive, you may want to power it down, then use the ATI Rescue CD.

When you get the Acronis menu, power up the USB drive. Then in the restore command line, start with the USB external drive letter (the real Windows drive letter) and you should see the archives in the structure tree (which could be under a Linux drive letter).

5. Mister_P.

It works now, i did it with f11 and apci=off noapic. But it doesnt find my usb-harddrive. what can i do? i have to find a solution fast, help plz... o_O

6. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

Power up the USB drive, open up Restore. You might not see your USB drive in the structure or if it's there, Linux has it under a different drive letter, in the command line at the bottom of the restore wizard, enter the Windows letter for your USB drive and you should have a drop down menu of your archives populated in your external drive.

7. Menorcaman

Hi again Mister_P,

Firstly, can we take it that you booted from a "Full" rather than "Safe" version of the Acronis rescue CD?

Secondly, did you ensure that the external USB HD was connected and switched on prior to booting from the full version rescue CD and pressing F11? You may sometimes have to boot a couple of times before the drive is detected.

Regards

8. Mister_P.

How can I find out which Boot-CD I have? When the boot is finished, i have to type "exit", then the acronis programm starts. I didn't recognize any hint that it could be the "save" version, but i think i chose the full one, when i created the cd a few month ago.

My harddrive is a 250GB Maxtor; so it didn't exist, when i bought my version (8, built 791). May this be the problem?

edit: it didn't work to type the "F:\", the drive wasn't recognized, i booted ~10 times

9. Menorcaman

No, the bootable rescue CD is generic to the version of TI that created it, not specific to the hardware it was created on.

The first thing I would do now is visit the Acronis website update section, log into your account and download/install the latest version of TI 8.0 (Build 937). After that create a new "Full" version bootable rescue CD and then see how it goes (you will probably still need to use the acpi=off noapic workaround).

Regards

10. Mister_P.

It works now! Thx so much :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.