BOCLEAN X Trojan Simulator

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by SoRaTpT, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoRaTpT

SoRaTpT Registered Member

Hi
    I downloaded trojan simulator from trojanhunter site, and when I click on the file trojansimulator.exe, it opens and show the screen of the trojan simulator, asking if i want to install it .. THEN it is blocked by Boclean..
    I thought that it was supposed to not even let the file be opened .. that boclean should verify it, block it, and dont let the file execute .. maybe is there a problem with my boclean ??

2. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

No problem with BOClean in my opinion. BOClean is a memory scanner therefore it does not detect a trojan until it tries to run in memory. Judging from the behavior you describe, BOClean is operating the way it was designed to.

3. muf

muf Registered Member

The screen that opens is a request to start the simulator. Once you start it that is when the simulated trojan is run, not when the opening screen appears. You will see once the trojan is run, that is when BOClean detects it running and kills it. It's working exactly as it should.

muf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.