BOClean + Wormguard + AV

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by analyzer, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. analyzer

analyzer Registered Member

Can anyone tell me if this combo will run into software conflit ? Will it slow down my system performance ?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Analyser,
    Never heard of any problems here.
    WormGuard is all in the background and would not cause conflicts.
    Which AV you think to use?
    Are you still in a process of shopping around for the good tools and what kind of protection ideas are you exactly looking for?
    Which Windows version are you using?

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have used this combination on a number of computers here.

The AV's I have tried within this trio include KAV, Dr Web, F-Prot for Windows, Etrust, Virus Chaser, Command and AVP, and I have not noticed any conflicts/slowdown.

However, there was some conflict with AMON of NOD and BOClean but once I placed the AT in the exclude list, everything was well.

In general, since Wormguard is not running in the background continuously, it should cause no conflicts and has no effect on resources.

BOClean has 2 running processes of about 9MB of memory(7000KB VM), but again it has no noticeable effects on system performance.

The AV component will have the most effect on performance, particularly those based on the Kaspersky engine. Effective but low impact AV's include F-Prot for Windows, Dr Web, and NOD.

But overall, any slowdown/incompatibilities will depend upon the age of your computer(s) and the unique software and hardware that are installed on your system.

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

TDS + Boclean + norton 2004 enough said lol

5. Looney

Looney Guest

:eek:

Blazie-baby,

NAV 2004 yyyyuuuukkkkk

TDS3, WG, BOClean, NOD32, LNS....all have been playing together nicely like good lil kiddywinks for yonks. NAV..is not allowed...bloatware rood words.

Chow :D

6. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

your not a newbie lol thats an expert set up lol you cant fool me you got everything there but the hardware firewall lol

7. Looney

Looney Guest

:cool:

My mum thinks I am a noobie cos she still washes my shirts, irons and starches my underpants (ouch) and when I show her my expert sooper-doopa set-up she says "yes dear, very nice". I have a nice mum..but she is funny about pooters, wonders why I nother, but then she hasnt seen "Big Bertha bathes in Bombay" :D

Hee hee

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hmm neither have I :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.