Boclean v4.22 Problem

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by peterc, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard

Howard Registered Member

I uninstalled 4.22.001 - hyperactive re CPU, awful impact on Outlook, simply the opposite of what one expects from BOClean ... so I would definitely wait

Your assumption re the screens is correct (I received the ZIP)

2. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi JRCates :)

Yes, better to wait now for the coming 4.22.002
    It saves you and PSC some extra work.
    If all goes well at PSC, we might get the announcement soon (maybe tomorrow, but we have to wait until they tell us it is ready).

Yes, like Howard wrote: those screenshots are from the standard "encrypted file".
    PSC uses that procedure to avoid that for example the email-program on your PC might block a file with .exe extension, etc.
    Using that special procedure avoids those problems.
    But if you are 100 % sure that nothing on your end (or by your provider) will give problems with receiving an .exe or .zip file, then you could ask PSC to send it in that format.
    But that standard procedure is really easier than you might think !

Cheers, Jan.

3. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

OK, thanks, Jan. I'll wait, since I'm in no hurry :D

I'm guessing that they'll send out a new email once .002 is released....

I'm using NOD32 with Outlook 2003. If I asked for the EXE, think there would be any reason for NOD or Outlook to block it's arrival? :doubt:

4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi,

Sorry, I really don't know: I don't have Outlook 2003.
    (maybe other things might play a role too, like for example firewall, your provider, etc; just only guessing).

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

All,
    Yes, I would wait for .002, however at least for me this is not a serious issue using build .001 as long as it is updating and I read it is. Even if you need to hit the reload/test button. I got one machine with 4.22 and one with 4.21. I feel secure with both.

I would think there is no need to worry about ones security if your problems are no worse the those I posted. ;)

6. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

*ough* :oops:

It could be that there is a little other problem.
    Now on W98SE (also reported by someone on WinME at DSLR-security-vendors-forum).
    This time auto-update box checked and the box "Do NOT show automatic screen" checked.
    But the auto-update-screen still shows.

I haven't yet checked it on XP.

I'm deeply sorry that I didn't notice it earlier :oops:
    I have to email Kevin now.

Attached Files:

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Installed 4.22.001 today on XP and it seems to be updating or at least giving me a message that I have the latest update,which is dated for today.

8. mercurie

It is checked on my XP copy as well and I made no changes. I used all defaults as I usually do.

Did a manual update said I had the most recent update and then switch from 29th to the 30th.

9. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Well, I don't know, sorry. I'm too tired at the moment.

10. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Outlook 2003 would stop the .exe definitely request the .zip version. I have Outlook 2003 with NOD32 and received the .zip without problems. .exe may not even survive your webmail server but Outlook would block if it did get this far.

o_O do I uninstall the most recent and wait for the new version? I have the updater remaining on the tray but it goes away when I reload the update (just manually updated this morning) impact on CPU I haven't really noticed as my PC is able to cope - Outlook takes longer but I can work with that at the moment - just unsure if we should stay with the 4.22.001 or go back to the old version o_O I appreciate all the work going on behind the scenes plus the ease of distrubtion when the new version was released.

11. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Since 4.22.001 isn't giving u any real problems i would stay with it as i'm sure the newer version will be out in no time. :)

I'm glad i waited this time as with the last 2 versions i downloaded immediately and had problems along with a few others.

snowbound

12. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

About that showing the Update Screen: I just heard from Kevin. It was a little typo in the fix that I got. I'm getting later a new fix to test.

13. mercurie

I agree. :)

I also thought about waiting but said what the heck it will probably be o. k. and if it has problems they will not be serious and you know what maybe it's just my turn to be the first with problems and report back instead of everyone else loading up and then telling me to wait. It was my turn to be the test subject. :D ;)

And since it is not serious and I know the PSC folks are hard at work to fix it. I am not the least concerned or unhappy. I have suffered far worse at the hands of Lavasoft and to a lesser degree Checkpoint. As well as Symantec. :p

14. the Tester

While I'm not having problems with BOClean 4.22.001,I am confused about something.
    Will there be a version 4.22.002?
    Reading this thread and the other BOClean upgrade thread it looks like some users say yes and others don't expect it.

15. controler

controler Guest

All I can say is I have version 4.22.002 and see no problems as of yet.

controler

16. the Tester

It probably won't be long before that's a release than.
    Thanks Controler.

17. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

@controler

Sorry man, but you are not really helping - its quite obvious that you got a testversion that not everybody has received, so your comment is only creating expectancies that up to know cannot been fullfilled and will only make people write to Kevin and Nancy, taking them off the work load to fix this thing - so please stop bragging about your betaversion. Thanks

@TO ALL
    There is no official 4.22.002 version up to now, but there definitly will be one(knowing the nsclean guys)

Ruben

18. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

I downloaded my copy Sunday night from digitalriver, and it says it's version 4.22.002.

19. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

4.22.002 may be a beta version given by Kevin to some users who has a specific issue. So 4.22.002 is not officially released yet.

EDIT: I just sent an e-mail to Kevin asking him to clarify the version number confusion. Maybe he will be here to make a note soon. ;)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  20. ablatt

ablatt Registered Member

I got sent 4.22.002 directly from PSC when I requested an update.

It also has problems. It tries to update every 4 minutes even though I tell it every 24 hours. It also displays the automatic update screen even though I say not to.

I guess I'll wait for 4.22.003.

21. controler

controler Guest

tosbsas

Let me clarify something. I did not ask for a beta @ all. I did not request a special update.

I do not have my version trying to update very 4 min. I do not have it showing the update screen either.

I do not have massive spikes every 10 seconds.

Let's ask this then. What are you guy running that is causing all the trouble? is it 98SE?

22. ablatt

ablatt Registered Member

Let me clarify something too.

I did not ask for a beta @ all. I did not request a special update.

I do have my version trying to update very 4 min. I do have it showing the update.

I have spikes every 10 seconds - 2% of the CPU.

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2.

23. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hey guys,

Please calm down ;)

If I added to the confusion, then I offer my apologies !

The folks at PSC are working around the clock !!!
    Let's give them some time, please !!!
    They too need some sleep !

24. mercurie

Deep breaths everyone. Deep breaths. Hold it. :gack: Hold it :oops: Now exhale. Now don't we all feel better now. :D :D

Be cool they will get it right :cool: Any minute now we will all have our needs meet with a solid working 4.22.00X ;) . It's just a number. :D

I hear no reports of BSOD or system freezes or the like (that are BOClean's fault) as far as I know we are being fully protected with the latest definitions. This will pass everything will be :cool:

While the time passes let's just compare notes: I asked my BOClean for a copy of covered trojans after updating to 10/02/2006 4:46:25, it came back with 15529. How about everyone else?

25. Alwill

Alwill Registered Member

Ditto :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.