boclean fp

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by iceni60, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

boclean flagged this when i ran it. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iecookies.html i haven't run it with other scanners. i used to like windows security, but after 2 days of running XP again i'm already sick of it.

2. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

Hi, quoting Kevin McA from a post at BOClean forums

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, like i said i'm already sick of windows security. i've decided not to run windows so it's not a problem for me anymore.

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    ice, you've taken it too hard. I have told you in another thread that all you need is Double F = Firewall + Firefox. Playing with security is ok only if you love the fun of it.
    Mrk

5. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Have to agree with you there Mrk, I´m running several of the well known security software here, and never counter any malware any longer. Maybe because I´m not a risky surfer any longer. So I think I will delete some of the softwares. I´m running Win XP nowdays only when I´m gaming, and slowly using more and more FreeBSD and also testing out several Linux distros for everyday working/surfing.

However, it feels important to stress that ignoring security issues only because one is running an OS that is much lesser a target for malware writers, could be a mistake that could punish the community/users later on when those future malwares are spreading themselves with the "speed of light". At least a firewall and also an AV I think should be regarded as a good standard protection in conjuction with the other things that makes those OS such a great piece of work.

/Cerxes.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i used to like windows security, all i'm saying is i no longer like it, i prefer using linux so there's no reason for me to run windows. i was thinking of doing windows OS hardening for people in my local area as i do it every so often for friends and friends of friends, i'm not sure now.
    in linux i have no real-time security programs running apart from a FW. i have an AV which i run against files from untrusted places, rootkit scanners, a system checksum checker and a kernel level application FW - actually that runs in real-time. so, i don't ignore linux security. i just no longer like windows security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.