BoClean 4.12.001 what was wrong?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by mercurie, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow BO users,
    What went wrong? Mine is working just fine on two machines. Hmmmm. Just curious? Which one of us has problems?

We need to upgrade to 4.12.002 build but not the first time this happened either. :doubt: Please no misunderstandings I am not moaning, just puzzled?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Apparently only a few customers had problems, but Kevin is a perfectionist;

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

So i would assume if no problems are being encountered, downloading the new build is not necessary?

snowbound

4. muf

muf Registered Member

Full release statement here:
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,12451455~mode=flat

I noticed in the statement the following:
    "Your existing BOClean 4.12.001 build, if already received is good for now as long as you're not having any problems - but you'll want the 4.12.002 "final build" just the same. Currently, we're prioritizing people who had problems with their 001 build, so please be patient with us."

Hope this helps.

muf

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I'm not so sure. I didn't have obvious problems, but in looking at my system noticed that the 10 sec cycle time of BOC was causing a 100% CPU utilization spike with a 10 sec periodicity (vs. the minor periodic spike that's usually seen). Didn't notice system drain. Did notice that BOC was very slow to launch from the system tray. Don't know if this was among the problem issues mentioned. 4.12.002 looks fine thus far.

Blue

6. snowbound

I'm getting anywhere from a 18 to 22% spike every 10 seconds. Boclean launches quickly here so everything seems fine....

Just wondering as to the part of the notice already posted,

but you'll want the 4.12.002 "final build" just the same

snowbound

7. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

I'm currently awaiting my copy. Does their upgrade service work on weekends?

8. BlueZannetti

Well, mine arrived at ~ 1:00 PM this afternoon, so I guess the answer is yes.

Blue

9. mercurie

Thanks for replys and discussion. I got mine today too. (build 002). Loaded...install perfectly fine. So far so good running it. Will put it on my other machine later.

Carry on my friends... ;)

10. snowbound

Just some useless info.

Installed the new build and CPU spike dropped to 8%. :cool:

snowbound

11. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Hmmm, I have the latest 002 on both mine and my wife's pc. On my pc, every 10 seconds when the vac changes color, the cpu spikes to about 15%, but on my wife's machine it spikes to 41%!!

Acadia

12. BlueZannetti

My guess is that she has a lot more stuff running in the background. You can perform a simple experiment yourself, start loading up your machine with running processes and see what happens to the spike. Based on what BOClean does, this makes sense.

Blue

13. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Hi, I have only just spotted this thread, but for the curious, I was one of the handful of people who had problems with BOClean 4.12.001 Although the installation appeared to go well, BOClean 4.12.001 would not run at all - the icon would appear in the system tray briefly and then disappear; in my case, there were no error messages. BOClean 4.12.002 completely sorted this out and I do not believe it is possible to exaggerate the high quality of the support I received from Kevin. Absolutely brilliant.

14. mercurie

Thank you very much for your post. No it is not to late. I really was hoping for a response, from a user with problems. My experience as to support is the same a few years ago. I can see it is still good by your experience. Good to hear things are well. Can you tell us a little more? If not that is o. k.; Kevin may have just fix it with build #2, without comment.

BoClean=TrojanDefense ;)

15. Howard

Howard Registered Member

All I know is that the problem was caused by progammes produced by other vendors - I am afraid I do not know which programmes or vendors these were, only that Kevin could not have been more helpful.

16. divedog

divedog Registered Member

I e-mailed upgrade@nsclean.com a few weeks ago. Currently running 4.11.001 I have not yet received a reply. I attached a copy of the original receipt from Digital River. BoClean has saved my bacon on a few occasions. I would like to see an upgrade program button on the control panel.

17. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

A few weeks ago? Something has gone wrong. You should definitely send a new email to the upgradeaddress, it should not take more than 24 hours to process the upgrade. You only have to write your order number, name, emailaddress at time of purchase and off course if you have a new one this one as well. :)

18. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

o_O If you haven't received your upgrade, chances are your ISP or software blocked the attachment. *PLEASE* send upgrade@nsclean.com another email with the receipt (just your name and order number will do) and a reference to this forum thread (so we know it's you) and we'll try sending a renamed EXE.

Sorry for the hassle. Attachment blocking is really causing some folks problems, and it's usually just a matter of either knowing what's blocked and requesting an alternative format, or adjusting the settings on your software to let attachments through. We'll work with you to get the file to you.

19. wondering

wondering Guest

Why not just send these out in ZIP files as a matter of course? ZIP is universally accepted by mail servers are they not? Seems like it would prevent a lot of trouble and miscommunication. BTW, as a thought, I love the way that GemX (TexNotes and others) uses "customer support storage" for customers. Everyone just signs into their account for upgrades, messages, betas, support ticket management, etc. It's awesome. If for example, you needed to get a different version to a customer, an email goes out that an upgrade is waiting in their support storage area. They can keep what they want in there for as long as they want, along with support issues, they can upload things to you for a look see, etc. It's all based on a forced strong password system. Truly impressive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.